Again My mapping skills suck!!!!!!!!!!!

post-11906-0-86562200-1342232933.jpg

post-11906-0-91400700-1342232979.jpg

in game

post-11906-0-09426100-1342258896.jpg

post-11906-0-74626300-1342258907.jpg

The 3D Software shot did not do the Interceptor justice. Looks good in flight. Can´t wait to see it skinned :)

The 3D Software shot did not do the Interceptor justice. Looks good in flight. Can´t wait to see it skinned :)

Still WIPS Its going to take some time..This time not releasing anything without a good MAP,,been scouring the internet and practing.

yeah, there's not a whole lot of info on the 108 ... one could assume (oh! that word!), it'd be skinned/painted like it's Big Brother, the Valkyre. (heat resistant finish that alwasy peeled off)

yeah, there's not a whole lot of info on the 108 ... one could assume (oh! that word!), it'd be skinned/painted like it's Big Brother, the Valkyre. (heat resistant finish that alwasy peeled off)

maybe something like this

post-11906-0-78629100-1342319101.jpg

AIM-26s, huh??!! I like it!!!

AIM-26s, huh??!! I like it!!!

I would say more like AIM-48s

post-11906-0-78152400-1342321762.jpg

post-11906-0-75659600-1342321803.jpg

Fix the smoothing errors. Do autosmooth >45dgs

Fix the smoothing errors. Do autosmooth >45dgs

thank you Jules...like so ?

post-11906-0-17204900-1342352239.jpg

Yes but you still have smoothing errors because you have awful kinks and bends in your mesh flow. Make sure the edges flow properly like they would on the real airframe and as I've drawn in blue below:

post-9221-0-55140900-1342355245.jpg

Hi Veltro, nice to see you on full throttle here again!

My sincerest welcome! Nice Wolfhound avatar by the way!

Greetz Iwan

maybe something like this

Heh.

That would actually a be a picture of my F-108A that I gave to TopGun over at the CivIII forums to use for his mods for CivIII.

No one get their panties in a bunch...Ed's Rapier is significantly different from mine. Just letting folks know there are two separate F-108s in development.

FC

Ed's Rapier is significantly different from mine. Just letting folks know there are two separate F-108s in development.

Thanks FC. I know that the F-108 changed shape significantly from the time of it's inception (1957) to it's cancellation (September 1959) so it's a shame that these appear to be very similar in shape. But, as always, vive la difference!

Heh.

That would actually a be a picture of my F-108A that I gave to TopGun over at the CivIII forums to use for his mods for CivIII.

No one get their panties in a bunch...Ed's Rapier is significantly different from mine. Just letting folks know there are two separate F-108s in development.

FC

nice paint scheme ..found that pic using a Google search under F-108 also found this pic..Notice how the front canopy opens on this one...

Had no idea there was another WIp,,how close to release ? This way I can scrap mine and concentrate on something else.

post-11906-0-29486900-1342445091.png

Edited by Veltro2k

Yet, what a sweet and unique bird !

Nice calfs on those Pilots... they must be cyclists.

Interesting paint scheme, but fairly silly changes. The forward hinged canopy is silly ... but the landing gear is worse. You wouldn't see gear like that on a nearly 100,000 lb class fighter.

Anyway, the F-108 has actually been pretty far along for a while...it just got derailed by real life.

http://combatace.com/topic/37246-a-tale-to-be-told/page__view__findpost__p__255543

As you can see, it is actually pretty far along...even has the proper 'clamshell' ejection seats and rotating missile bay. Was in the middle of fine tuning the FM when it was put on hold.

Spinners, funny you mention the changes it went through while being developed...after it was cancelled NAA proposed yet another tweaking that gave it large LERXes, and folding ventral fins. I have the book at home...it looked significantly different from what most people think of.

FC

better ?

post-11906-0-21014300-1342481123.jpg

post-11906-0-35845000-1342484826.jpg

Edited by Veltro2k

Veltro's back in business.. I say "welcome back":good:

Funny as I was dritfing around wikipedia few days ago and found XF-108 I never had knowledge of... (yes... that's true :blush:) and now you're showing wips of it -nice coincidence :drinks:

(or conspiracy! :wink: )

BTW I very much like the similarities to A-5 in it's fuselage shape (to my untrained eye)

Edited by Stary

I very much like the similarities to A-5 in it's fuselage shape...

Towards the end the fuselage lost the B-70 look and became more like the A-5A with the fuselage virtually in line with the intakes.

Since Fast is also doing one, Modified it a bit to another version

post-11906-0-41451100-1342542315.jpg