Sign in to follow this  
bubu

Something is MIGHTY FAMILIAR at the National Air & Space Musuem

If you've been to WASH DC and seen the Smithsonian's A&S recently, you may know they have a pay full-motion simulator arcade on the first floor. Those little machines were fun as they did barrel rolls as well as pitch and roll, you can imagine my surprise when I strapped in, grabbed the stick, and waited for the screen to appear...

Well Hello TK!!! the Screen for SF2V in the base configuration appeared with the familiar F-4 cockpit...

When the game had finished, I had defeated most of the fighters but had a brand new sensation - motion sickness!

It was incredibly cool though, wonder how much those machines cost?

I had been there a couple weeks ago and saw the same thing, but didn't go in because no sense in paying for something I already play :smile:

I had been there a couple weeks ago and saw the same thing, but didn't go in because no sense in paying for something I already play :smile:

well trust me Eric with the full motion it seemed like a whole new game. If I combined this with Track IR it would border on spectacular - especially using all the eye candy in the modded installs.

Maybe, but I'm pretty old skool so I just passed and looked at the exhibits :)

Ohhhhhhhhhh good times *w*

I drove my element leader for AFJROTC through tons of rolls and high speed chases after those migs, telling him when to shoot. Gowd I love that ride ;w;

"Fire the AIM-7 Jordan!" XD "Fox 1, Splash 2"

So I wonder how much TK is charging for usuage of his software in their simulators.

Mr. WeHaveNoIncomeOutsideOfOurOnlineStore.

well trust me Eric with the full motion it seemed like a whole new game. If I combined this with Track IR it would border on spectacular - especially using all the eye candy in the modded installs.

I do believe TK had an Interview/Article somewhere with the Company that does the Motion Simulators.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

What patch level are they at?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Who knows...

Guess I need to check it out next time I go to DC for work. Was it downtown or the one up at Dulles? There seems to be a few different simulators at Dulles.

DC, matter of fact here's a pic I took:

post-5735-0-63728200-1342525479.jpg

Edited by EricJ