Sign in to follow this  
GodsLt

Problems with Single Missions in a modded install

Hey guys, due to a recent movement to Venezuela, and the terribad infra-structure (internet sucks! Talking nearly 30kb/s download speed) I've had to take a 9 month hiatus from Combat Ace and strike fighters.

Anyhow, I have a slight problem:

My heavily modded SF2:V install has always worked perfectly. Due to patch issues I've read about, I haven't updated past nov011 patch level. Now, my issue is, somehow, after installing the F-4E_Aggressors plane, and the TU-95-M16s(iirc lol) I can no longer select any service for any given plane, in any given map, for any given time period. I deleted both planes, but the problem persisted. Now, I patched up to Nov011 (from Oct011) in an effort to fix this issue, but low and behold....it's still there! I'm migrating my current mods and stuff over to SF2 Israel (i have a 4way install) to see if that cures the problem, but I would like to prevent migrating nearly 100gb's worth of mods to another part of my harddrive. Any clues broskies??

I appreciate your ever-helpful insight.

Anyone? :(

I really want to play my single missions lol!

I would suggest a clean install, and make sure you move your mod folder or rename it in your case and see if the problem still exists. If it fixes it then it is something in the mod folder.

I would suggest a clean install, and make sure you move your mod folder or rename it in your case and see if the problem still exists. If it fixes it then it is something in the mod folder.

The problem is not the install by itself, I figured because I tried moving everything to SF2:I, and low and behold...service was unselectable again!

I think it's a problem in the modded install...

Did you do the nation.ini change as suggested on the download page or did you use the one in the install for the F4-E aggressors.

Im not an expert on this but it sounds like a problem with the nations.ini to me

Edited by rgrizzy

The problem is not the install by itself, I figured because I tried moving everything to SF2:I, and low and behold...service was unselectable again!

I think it's a problem in the modded install...

Try to narrow it down to a folder first - just cut and paste out folders from the mod folder until the game works etc

Thanks guys! I finally found the issue. While porting over F-4E_Aggressors, i forgot to merge the Aggressor's nations.ini with the normal nations.ini.

I deleted the nation's ini and allowed the game to create a new one. Now it works like a charm!