macelena

Denver Shooting

Again. 12 people dead, at the time of posting. I know it is not terrorism as far as no politic excuses were involved, but it makes no difference. A lot of innocent and defenceless people, loved by somebody, who were just having a nice time watching a movie, get slaughtered by some random asshole. That´s terrorific, if you ask me. I wish they didn´t get the crapper alive. May the victims and their families find some peace.

It leaves a pit in my stomach. There is nothing that can be done for those families. Children were killed. Just horrible.....horrible!

Atleast in the USA he will pay for it, here in Europe he would get two weeks in Spa and 6 months obligation of attending "killers anonymous" meetings...

ter·ror·ist

noun

1.a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

2.a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

Pentagon just announced some servicemen were amongst those hurt, unk. if amongst those dead. tragic in any fashion but always pisses me off to hear about some joe doing time in country to come home and have this happen...

prayers for the families and those in the hospital :salute:

this was just horrible.So many lives disrupted or snuffed out :( nothing good will come of this,sometimes a tragidy can makes things beeter but this one will just give the anti-gun morons another excuse to take guns from people and this will prob lead to increased and usless TSA style security around theaters. The "kid" who did this seems to have planed this and even boobytraped his apartment. I feel so bad for the victims and their families,I just hope they don't become victims a second time as pawns for BOTH sides of the gun issue.

do we even need a trial? send him to GTMO or give him the death penalty, no appeals.

Atleast in the USA he will pay for it, here in Europe he would get two weeks in Spa and 6 months obligation of attending "killers anonymous" meetings...

welcome to Eurozone :this: hope he will get "the big one" soon

Really sad for all those who lost their lives.But,this kind of thing could be prevented if the shooter was kept under supervision.Obviously,he had a mental condition.Otherwise,who would have the will to commit such a horrible act?These shootings are becoming more common and most of the cases involve students as the shooters.I'm surprised how their mental state of health is ignored by people.Even the doctors don't sometimes consider them 'Normal'.Unless action is taken to monitor and/or apprehend people with such psychological issues,these shootings will occur from time to time.Again really sad for those who died....

Saddened beyond words.

He was a med student with no known issues.

There are lots of people that aren't "normal" that never harm a single person. You advocate regular mental health screenings for the entire population? Seeing as mental health can go from "fine" to "disturbed" in a relatively short period of time, not even annual screenings would cut it. Maybe quarterly? So, that's over 1 billion screenings per year in the US alone.

And I'd bet a good chunk of the money that would cost that people will STILL slip thru the cracks.

Just watch some idiot propose metal detectors at movie theaters now.

My thoughts and prayers with all the victims and their families. My sister and brother-in-law used to go to that movie theater all the time, I just can't believe what happened. That shooter deserves to be humiliated, tortured, and killed.

Tragic...especially when Children are the victims.

Some people are just nuts...all you can think really!....I would love to spout on about 'Gun Law'....but, as this sometimes occurs in the UK, where we aren't allowed Guns...kinda blunts that argument.

RIP

Domestic Terrorism wiki[/url]

Again. 12 people dead, at the time of posting. I know it is not terrorism as far as no politic excuses were involved, but it makes no difference. A lot of innocent and defenceless people, loved by somebody, who were just having a nice time watching a movie, get slaughtered by some random asshole. That´s terrorific, if you ask me. I wish they didn´t get the crapper alive. May the victims and their families find some peace.

It's called Domestic Terrorism. Look it up.Domestic Terrorism wiki

It's called murder and there are laws against it. This guy is disturbed. Nothing more.

They are trying to label everything as terrorism. I don't want to give away any more of our freedoms for safety.

What's next, TSA gropers in the theaters?

Don't be afraid people, go to the movies.

From DOJ:

The proportion of homicide incidents involving two victims has increased slightly from 2.7% in 1980 to 3.7% in 2008.

Homicide incidents involving three or more victims have also increased during this same period, but have remained less than 1% of all homicides each year.

Multiple victim homicides are so small as to be almost insignificant:

- 3.7% involved two victims

- 0.5% involved three victims

- 0.2% involved four victims

- 0.1% involved five or more victims.

Moreover, the homicide rate in the United States has declined sharply in recent years – from 9.3 homicides per 100,000 in 1992 to 4.8 homicides per 100,000 in 2010.

Edited by Baz_GFA

Living right here it especially hits hard. We thought there would never be another Columbine but with the massive amounts of negative influences on people today it's going to happen somewhere over and over again. This kid will get his fifteen minutes of fame and then realize afterwards when the lights go out what he has done. He'll probably find God in prison five to ten years from now and become the model prisoner. Then he'll get another fifteen minutes of fame. I feel deep sorrow for the victims and their families because the story will never be about them. God bless them all.

This kid will get his fifteen minutes of fame and then realize afterwards when the lights go out what he has done. He'll probably find God in prison five to ten years from now and become the model prisoner. Then he'll get another fifteen minutes of fame.

Sounds like Jeffery Dahmer.But,a life of wrong cannot be corrected by a single right.

I'm lost for words. Hope he's going to fry

Frying him wont bring his victims back

I'm surprised how their mental state of health is ignored by people.Even the doctors don't sometimes consider them 'Normal'.Unless action is taken to monitor and/or apprehend people with such psychological issues,these shootings will occur from time to time.Again really sad for those who died....

The supreme court ruled back in the 70's or 80's that they couldn't forcibly institutionalize people with mental illnesses. Completely aside from the practicality of such mass 'screenings', it's unnecessarily lumping everyone that's ever had any kind of psychological issue together with the few violent people, and is incredibly harmful to them. There are so many people with some kind of disorder, that it's hard to find anyone who doesn't fit the description of something. It's actually a problem they've tried to solve (read gloss over) with the new version of the DSM they released, removing and replacing criteria so fewer people meet them, lowering the statistics, but also cutting off access to help for people that need only a little.

Gun laws wouldn't have helped much in this case, as the guy had no record aside from a speeding ticket, he'd have been clear to buy whatever. The problem is how do you distinguish in law between someone who plans on a mass murder versus a collector who might not even use them or someone who does so safely for sport? The expired "assault weapons ban" may have helped, since it had restrictions on magazine size and the guy wouldn't have been able to shoot so many people as quickly. But that law also had some idiotic things like restrictions on guns with a pistol grip, which has nothing to do with purpose or capacity for killing people, but simply an ergonomic design.

Colorado is a death penalty state, and the defense will have a hard time proving insanity. According to news sources they are digging up alot of evidence showing months of detailed planning.

Getting a gun shouldn't be too hard.But,how could he get explosives to booby trap his apartment?This is an American citizen with explosives inside his own apartment.Imagine some psycho Jihadist with the same equipment.If this guy can obtain explosives,then so can some Jihadist trying to blow up a public place. Gun laws may remain the same but,explosives are some serious business.Firearms can be possessed legally but not explosives!

If he was a brilliant scientist on the rise, he could make explosives quite easily. Any American farm has the materials for a bomb.

If he was a brilliant scientist on the rise, he could make explosives quite easily. Any American farm has the materials for a bomb.

Brilliant, educated, off the beaten path, wild hair color, flaky looking at his arraignment, obviously not all there, so what! He shot over 70 people and rigged his apartment with explosives to kill investigators. Hey France, since you guys don't use it any more, can we borrow your guillotine? Love to strap his poor demented soul to the bascule, tilt him into position, and introduce him to the hereafter.