Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

A very cool poster...

It's rare that a promo piece can make a product even more exciting by not showing it, but I think this poster for Rumpler Aircraft succeeds beautifully. When I first saw it, I wanted to look up.

pojky68654.JPG

Oh yes, Hauksbee, that is a poster by Ludwig Hohlwein, München, as I see from the signature.

He was the leading German graphic artist for posters of his time. You should google for his pictures and prints.

Here is a poster for DOORNKAAT, a schnaps which was produced in my hometown Norden.

Hohlwein came from the branch of lithography, and he knew the art of showing the essence in a print with only 3 - 4 colours.

Here is a series about racing sports by him, called "Turf":

http://www.saxonia.c...erie/009237.htm

Edited by Olham

Here is another Hohlwein poster for Oberursel engines:

...and he knew the art of showing the essence in a print with only 3 - 4 colours.

He certainly did. And he would use unusual colors to do it. A most remarkable color sense. I've admired his work for years.

Stumbled across this one.........

Fokker%20Schwerin1916%20example_big.jpg

Yep, another well-known poster - but no Hohlwein. The face is not at all as good as Hohlwein would have drawn it.