Sign in to follow this  
hrc

You opinion on buying second hand joystick

Where do you stand on purchasing a second hand quality joystick? I just saw an add of someone selling a year old Saitek X52 pro for 82 $, (66.6 Euros). I called a dude and he'll let me test it , sais it's in a great state and all . My current stick is Logitech extreme 3Dpro, and I'm not quite satisfied with it, it has some unprecisions and that's bugging me, so you can understand my excitement about this Saitek and it's price. Any tips would be appreciated. These are pictures from the actual stick:

post-64647-0-92257200-1342872466.jpg

post-64647-0-62454800-1342872475.jpg

post-64647-0-42188100-1342872486.jpg

post-64647-0-52755900-1342872496.jpg

post-64647-0-29073100-1342872504.jpg

Edited by hrc

I went through Amazon a few weeks back after my X52 went tits up. Picked up a used X52 Pro for the price of a new X52 at the Pilotshop. The only giveaway that it was a used item was the box, the joystick and throttle were clean, all the markings are readable and movement smooth. It looks like you're getting a better deal on the price and if you get to try it before committing all the better. Just make sure you get the driver disk when you take it home. Take the deal, trust me, if you can get a good stick for almost half off you'll kick yourself later if you don't.

I bought it and I'm impressed with it! Totally new experience with stick in one and throttle in the other hand, and it's extremely precise. Plus I won't kick myself later! :)

Thats a great deal!! :good: .....mine cost me $200 CDN ($1200 Kunas)

I am sure you will be happy with it.......be sure to protect the cable connections between the stick and throttle, they are the main flaw on an otherwise fantastic piece of hardware.