Stephen1918

Eastern Front Skins

I have uploaded some things for the Eastern Front. I have a set of Russian skins for the SPADs that came with First Eagles. And I made some Russian balloons. And (still waiting for administrator approval) I have made some skins and file tweaks for three of Bortdafarm's planes. I have similar file sets coming for some of the other planes.

As I work on the Eastern Front, I was getting irritated that First Eagles assumes everything is on the Western Front. In the maps, my Russian and Austro-Hungarian units were always showing up as French and German. So I made a set of icons for the Planning Map which shows the correct nationality for all units. This will work on all the fronts, but you won't see a lot of difference on the stock campaigns.

Here's a preview of the Eastern Front and some of my new skins.

post-67404-0-73213300-1343078233.jpg

post-67404-0-17843200-1343078348.jpg

post-67404-0-56114700-1343078360.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 1

You have been a busy bee my friend. You do work fast! I'm trying to get all the Eastern front aircraft situated in my "Eastern Front" install along w all the ground objects too. This is a very cool addition to FE. Does any other sim have a WWI Eastern Front? Awsome Stephen1918! Thanks a lot :drinks:

Nice one mate, soooo looking forward to the Eastern front campaign........A Middle East one would be good too hint hint !!!1

Very good idea, Stephen! I'm sure all planes (and the map) are much prettier now. The Farman is my Bortdafarm favourite plane and the Oeffag Albatros DII is the most good looking Bortdafarm Albatros. I don't like their Halberstadt very much and use Capun's one instead, but with your skins I think I'll give it a second look!

Trotski00: Have a little patience. There is one in the works, but first at all, I'm taking a break in modding to actually playing the game. There is also an Armchair Aces update and a "secret project" for the jet games in the works. After that (and in some time), you'll fly over Palestine...

Woohooo.....I will dust off my Pith helmet, and get my long shorts on !!!!!! oh and look out for Camel Spiders in the cockpit lol lol lol