Sign in to follow this  
X8X8X

playing as a communistic/ eastern pilot?

Hello dear users of this forum

First of all a happy "good day" from me, a - quite young - german fan of - quite old - military aircrafts (and racecars) who decided to play this game a week ago and enjoys it very much.

The only thing I don´t like about this game is the fact a player is able to fly western aircrafts only, I´d like to fly eastern aircrafts too.

Do you know some must-haves (mods, aircrafts, maps, missions, campains) to play on the communistic side of the cold war too (in the same way players are able to play on the capitalistic side of the cold war in the standard-game)?

Thankyou very much for your help!

Kindest Regards

X8X8X

Edited by X8X8X

....very odd worded post indeed. :o

Just browse around the "Downloads" area and search for MiGs, SUs, TUs and other soviet aircraft. Or use the Search bar when looking for something specific

http://combatace.com...dd-on-aircraft/

Edited by RadPig94

If you want to fly as Red Side, the best choice is the Campaign Customizer DLC.

first, one needs to make the MiGs and Sus flyable..

basic info here:

http://combatace.com/topic/20789-how-to-make-ai-planes-flyable/

(it's also HIGHLY suggested to read all the posts in the SF/Wo* Knowledge Base, as most of the basic knowledge is readily applicable to the SF2 series as well. Don't forget to read all the stuff in the SF2 KB, too)

and you'll need the various Mig/Su cockpits. Most are still in the SF/Wo* (hereinafter called "1stGens") downloads section. READ the readmes that come with the various cockpit mods -- they'll give full install instructions.

welcome to our world!!

Thankyou very much for your replies and your welcome, I´m going to try it tomorrow.

Regards

X8X8X

Hi there,

I recommend you try out these excellent add-on cockpits by Stary:-

MiG-15, MiG-15bis & MiG-17:-

http://combatace.com/files/file/12684-mig-15-mig-15-bis-mig-17-simplified-cockpit/

MiG-17PF/PFU:-

http://combatace.com/files/file/12852-mig-17-pfpfu-cockpit/

Great work by Stary, they will get you started flying for Red Side :cool:

Prost!

Baltika

I tried it today and it worked out perfectly, I´m having much (more) fun with this game now.

Thanks again for your help!

Kindest Regards

X8X8X

oh, I forgot an IMPORTANT trick ...

now that you've got the Migs flyable, open the main ini (in our example, we'll use the MiG-17F)

so.. open the Mig-17F.ini, where you've added the cockpit lines. Now, do a 'save as..', and name it xMig-17F.ini

what this will do, is allow you to 'reinstate' the aircraft with a 'one click re-save'. Because for some odd reason, the game will rewrite the AI-only aircraft's ini at completly random intervals. Also, after adding a patch or DLC, they'll all revert back to non-flyable.

This method saves butt-loads of time and effort

Edited by Wrench

Thankyou very much for this trick!

Kindest Regards

X8X8X

Edited by X8X8X