Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

F-15C Eagle 1979 Early Production

F-15C Eagle 1979 Early Production

Early F-15C Eagle Mod

>>>>>Usable for pre- and non-SF2 North Atlantic installs<<<<<

You Must Have Strike Fighters 2 Europe to use this mod!

Also required is the ACES_II_F-15 seat from the ACES package available here:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12474-aces-ii-ejection-seat-for-f-15/

This is a mod of the stock Third Wire F-15A, making it into a early F-15C.

The early F-15C's were delivered to the 18th Tactical Fighter Wing in Fall 1979 and

went into service with the 12th, 44th and 67th Tactical Fighter Squadrons.

F-15C features and recognition marks:

- 2000 lb additional internal fuel for a total internal fuel of slightly over 14000 lb.

The mod adds the additional fuel and has the fuel quantity gauge modified to show the higher reading.

- The FY78 production F-15C were delivered with engines with the nozzle actuator covers still mounted.

The covers were removed starting in late 1981

- The normal (non-MSIP II) F-15C does not have the "bulb-antenna" on the tip of the right-side fuselage

tailcone.

Thus the stock F-15A model fits perfectly for a early F-15C.

The mod adds my usual F-15 avionics which has several more real-thing oriented features, such as

modified HUD and Radar symbology, radar scan time etc.

Hello,

I like it!

Many thanks Crusader... :good:

Coupi. :bye:

Some info which didnt make it into the readme for some reason... :ninja:

- I've tried to simulate the Eagle's primary Air to Air mode. When you start in the cockpit you see a fixed sight, thats no bug.

Switch to AIM-7 missile and then use the HUD mode button to cycle back to NAV mode, that gives you the AIM-7 reference circle with

waypoint number and range readouts. Note that with gears down some weapon related symbology is removed.

With no missiles remaining you have the fixed sight or switch weapon to GUN which displays the normal LCOS.

The whole thing is a bit of a test and has the usual game limitations :ninja:

- The data file also has my usual changes, like sparrow firing sequence and the Jammer Frequency Range is set for early C models.

The engines now take 7 seconds to go from idle to max power(full burner).

Keep that in mind when you reduce power in a dogfight or you end up without smash in a bad situation. With high Throttle settings

the Burners come on fast though.

+

Ok Crusader!!! :drinks:

Two problems:

1) I get double range scales on the right hand side of the HUD when in STT (whether I use search or air combat mode to go into STT).

2) Maybe provide a USAF stars-n-bars without the blue edge on the bars per early Eagles.

Otherwise, looks good and flies well :)

and it needs (needed?) a better hangar screen, too. My old eyes had a hard time reading the 'mission brief' on the hangar.

So, I made a new one for me off the SF2 hangar screen template

but I'm loving this mod!

Two problems:

1) I get double range scales on the right hand side of the HUD when in STT (whether I use search or air combat mode to go into STT).

2) Maybe provide a USAF stars-n-bars without the blue edge on the bars per early Eagles.

Otherwise, looks good and flies well :)

The double scales could be a NA/March 12 and later avionics70 thing, I'll make a "true" latest patch compatible version soon.. with weapon counters etc.

Insignia, yep I know, thought about it, but decided to go with the available stock insignia and unit markings.

The Hangar screen photo shows that early 18th Wing Squadron markings were simple stripes too, not the more known chevrons.

Making 83 FY78 serials was enough for me :grin:

But I keep it in mind for a further update...

and it needs (needed?) a better hangar screen, too. My old eyes had a hard time reading the 'mission brief' on the hangar.

So, I made a new one for me off the SF2 hangar screen template

but I'm loving this mod!

Yea I've battled the damn brightness stuff to make it usable... didnt darken it enough i think.

But many have their own ideas of hangar/loading screens anyway, so I didnt give it too much effort... just wanted something different for that kite.

The trap I am in is that I have to stay with the latest patches to use the latest DLC.

If I go back to the revision of the game that has several key features I am currently missing... I lose so much content (and features) that came with later patches.

Way back when the unified SFP1/WoV/WoE 083006 was the standard, Korea played much better with SFP1 SP2a.

The AI was clearly far superior in the older revision.

But so many things had been added between WoV and WoE, both in terms of graphics and game play, that it was too painful to go back to SP2a.

So, for a mod to be useful to me, it has to stay current. The fact that most user mods do not maintain currency due to the rapid development of SF2 versus the number of mods available is why I almost wholly run stock installs. Didn't really expect a problem with this one. Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Crusader, could the F-15 supercruise? I find I can with ease so I've added this line

MachLimitDry=0.95