UK_Widowmaker

OT A Busy (and fun) August

Well, off for four days Fishing, on the lovely River Wensum in Norfolk next week...back for a week...then off to Wales, Jousting on Horseback...back for three days, and another 5 days in Scotland...So, won't be on much...but, hope you all have fun over the summer...and cya all soon :grin:

Gee, sounds like holidays with a high fun factor. I wish you a jolly good time, Widow!

And remember - without photos, no one will believe how big the pike was!

Yeah (not me though...the Young 'un)...far too 'Horsey' for my liking!

Yes Olham...I'll get lots of piccies!

And no unfair Photoshopping! ... :rofl:

About a hundred years ago when I was assigned to Ft. Meade, I learned that Jousting was the state sport of Maryland. Anyhoo, I went down to the Washington DC Mall (I know that isn't in Maryland) to see a competition. I was really suprised to see young ladies in proper riding atire using British style saddles, riding Arabian horses, going full tilt booggie at a small brass ring hung from some sort of apparatise with a tapered lance about 10' long. Apparently that was jousting in Maryland. It was amazing how many could get the ring.

Beard

Edited by Burning Beard

Has anyone watched the 'Knights of Mayhem?'...Full on!