Swordsman422

The Olympic thread

Okay, so here's a thread for us to go nuts about the Olympics so we can keep the ADOS and SBS to a minimum. My only comment aside form that London did a great job on the Opening Ceremonies is the following.

post-2147-0-47738900-1343453231.jpg

The whole ceremony was great.But,for me the best part was Rowan Atkinson!

The James bond bit with the Queen jumping out of the Helicopter was my fave part - Also like the first Industrial sketch with Isambard Kingdom Brunel - lets hope its a good games for all involved.

Edited by MigBuster

I wish everyone who likes the Olympics, a great time.

I myself cannot stand a single minute of it....but, I'm off for a weeks fishing...so..No TV (phew)

As someone who has never cared for sports of ANY kind, I find myself similarly uninterested in the Olympics. But, if it occupies people for a couple of weeks, so much the better.

The opening ceremony was great. The competitions of the first day were good, some surprises in the swimming competitions, but this are the Olympic Games.

The best what i have seen up today was during a swimming heat, where only 3 girls were on the start ( all of "great" swimming nations :grin: ) The girl from Tadhikistan was 30 second behind the other ones, but the people in the swimming hall cheered here too. Thats Olympic Spirit.