Hi Everyone,

I am kind of new to PF and would like to install the patches that have come out. I understand that there is a 3.01b and 3.02b patch. Which one should I load? I tried 3.02b, up to the point of where it shows the patch to install to. It just says C:\Program Files? Is this where I install it to or should it be to the Pacific Fighters directory, within the Ubisoft directory?

Also; do I need to install patch 3.01, before 3.02 or just the latest patch?

Thanks in Advance,

boomer714

Hi Everyone,

I am kind of new to PF and would like to install the patches that have come out. I understand that there is a 3.01b and 3.02b patch. Which one should I load? I tried 3.02b, up to the point of where it shows the patch to install to. It just says C:\Program Files? Is this where I install it to or should it be to the Pacific Fighters directory, within the Ubisoft directory?

Also; do I need to install patch 3.01, before 3.02 or just the latest patch?

Thanks in Advance,

boomer714

This 3.02b patch may be installed over the previous 3.01 version. The 3.02bm version can only be installed over the merged PF 3.01m install.

To install the patch, run

1) PF_patch302b_common.exe . Please pay great attention to the installation path name of the folder. This file is common for the both stand alone and merged versions. So you need to type manually the name of the folder where it will be installed.

2) PF_patch302b.exe (Or PF_patch302bm.exe (Standalone vs Merged) and follow the on-screen instructions.

In this version we ask the experienced players to test a new method of running the game again for final results. Both the old and the new methods are available at any time, and are fully compatible online.

If you want to test this new method, after install, run the pf_new.exe (il2fb_new.exe) executable in your PF game folder.

You can always run the game using the tried-and-true old method using the old shortcuts or pf.exe in the game folder. These remain unchanged. The new executable is not added to the start or the autorun menus in this version, but will be added there in the next patch/add-on if enough positive feedback is gathered.

Hope this helps.

Alright, I'm kinda confused over which patches are out. Could someone please give links to the patches in this order:

3.01 Stand Alone

3.01 Stand Alone New

3.01 Merged

3.01 Merged New

3.02 Stand Alone

3.02 Stand Alone New

3.02 Merged

3.02 Merged New

Because last time I checked the 3.02 zip file from the PF site, it gave me the 3.02 Stand Alone New, and I want the non-new version.