Sign in to follow this  
themightysrc

Sidewinder FFB 2/Win 7 help needed

Hi all,

I recently started flying again having neglected OFF for a month or so, and, alas, the force feedback element of my beloved Sidewinder FFB2 had gone walkies in the meantime. I've deleted the program from my Win 7 system and tried to reinstall from CD, and it's telling me that it's not compatible, which is bollocks because I've had it loaded and working previously from the CD.

What's the trick get round this, so I can have my lovely FFB Sidewinder 2 back to where it should be?

Cheers,

Si

I am surprised you loaded it, since the Sidewinder program is not compatible with W7, and Microsoft never thoguht it was a goode idea to update it for W7. It is only the best joystick ever designed after all

in any case, if you plug it in the usb, it will be recognised by w7 and will work perfectly fine, but forget about the mangement program about force intenisity and such: you will be stuck with default settings

What Canadair said.

I have the same stick and it is an awesome one. Just let Win7 do it automatically

and forget the custom thingymejiggies.

Ditto: The Sidewinder FFB2 normally works fine with OFF - just plug in and it should work - no drivers or 'control software' required.

That's what I do and it works. And it really is the best joystick I've ever had. I don't know what I'll do when it eventually breaks down!

That's what I do and it works. And it really is the best joystick I've ever had. I don't know what I'll do when it eventually breaks down!

I bought another one from ebay just in case. In any case it is really silly that MS terminated the support

I don't know what I'll do when it eventually breaks down!

Yep, that thought scares the bejesus outta me! None of the current sticks comes anywhere near close the the FF2.