Hi Again,

Does anyone out there have any insight into how to more effectively use trim in PF? Can you fine tune the amount of trim that you are applying? What button/POV do most people have trim mapped to?

Thanks,

boomer714

If you have a rotary axis on your joystick (X45 has two), set that as elevator trim in the controls menu. That's how I have it set up, and it works great. As to how to use it effectivly, what I usually do is set it so it has a slight upward tendency before I enter a dogifhgt. Not sure how much that helps, but it's what I do.

Hi,

Also using the X45 and using the knobs on the throttle.

I trim for neutral during the (long) flights to and from target area. When in a fight, or preferably before that, I centre the trim controls. This gives a up trim and a slightly better turn rate in the direction of torque forces (mostly to the left in single engine fighters).

You know what would be helpful? Some sort of graphic (or digital) indication of the amount of trim on each axis. MSCFS3 shows this (digitally) when you press 'Z'. For ex. I know that for level flight in a B25C I need -48 elevator trim. For climb I need -36. Its easy to get back to these points rather than going by 'feel' all of the time.

Back on topic. I used to map to the rotary knob, but on reading some advice in the Pacific Fighters forum I now have the elevator trim mapped to the second hat on the X45 stick.