Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

The making of "TOP GUN"

TG has been running on FX for about a week, I just saw it in entirety today. I actually got in an arguement about the existance of the MiG 28s with a guy at work who ended up losing 5 bucks to me.

When this came out,a lot of people thought the Mig-28 to be a real aircraft!

Mig-28

NATO Name: Facade

Façade [fuh-sahd, fa-]

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: false front

Synonyms: appearance, cloak, coloring, cover, disguise, disguisement, face, front, guise, mask, masquerade, pretense, semblance, show, veil, veneer, window-dressing.

Maybe it will stick?

Or may a N.A.T.O codename like "Fake" or "Forced-due-to-lack-of-resources" ?

You may not care, but it so happens that I was stationed on the U.S.S. Enterprise back when the movie "Top Gun" was filmed on-board.

Tom Cruise was a jerk. (Wouldn't talk to anybody. Nobody liked him).

Everyone else was quite nice (I, for one, expected less from the "Hollywood" crowd).

Some of my friends/shipmates got "bit parts" (non-speaking) in the movie, and I still get a charge out of seeing them again when I play the DVD.

DARoot

[Yeah, I'm THAT old ....]

You may not care, but it so happens that I was stationed on the U.S.S. Enterprise back when the movie "Top Gun" was filmed on-board.

Tom Cruise was a jerk. (Wouldn't talk to anybody. Nobody liked him).

Everyone else was quite nice (I, for one, expected less from the "Hollywood" crowd).

Some of my friends/shipmates got "bit parts" (non-speaking) in the movie, and I still get a charge out of seeing them again when I play the DVD.

DARoot

[Yeah, I'm THAT old ....]

doesnt surprise me... Kelly McGillis said he was a jerk too.

I allways supported Val Kilmer. I saw it first when i was about 6 or 7, and Batman Forever was my fav film. Tom Cruise is one of these people you plot with your "a**hole sensor" when onscreen. Talking about BatMan, so do i feel about Christian Bale.

I allways supported Val Kilmer. I saw it first when i was about 6 or 7, and Batman Forever was my fav film. Tom Cruise is one of these people you plot with your "a**hole sensor" when onscreen. Talking about BatMan, so do i feel about Christian Bale.

I First Saw him in "Real Genius" and that movie was epic for me.. lol.

Real Genius was the 2nd film I saw him in, but granted it was great.

The first was Top Secret! from the makers of Airplane! and Kentucky Fried Movie. That was a great film too. :grin: