Sign in to follow this  
Monty CZ

question about ground objects & building inis

Hello all,

can you tell me what inis controls things like smoke on generator buildings lights if they are available for buildings etc?

I thought that I understand emiters in ground objects data inis but how is it in case of buildings

I want to add:

1) smoke to my train engines, which are set like target types using groundobjects.

The smoke emitter in ground objects data ini seems not working :-(

2) smoke to my factories

3) something like flare emiters to iluminate airstrips in night

can anybody help?

MontyCZ

it's controled by the terrrain's _Types.ini. Here's the entry for the old (from WW2 terrains) train engine:

[TargetType080]

Name=TrainEngine

FullName=Locomotive

ModelName=TrainEngine.LOD

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

DamagePoint=0.05

ArmorValue=0

ArmorType=0

TargetValue=100

UseGroundObject=FALSE

RepairRate=0.150

StartDetectChance=50

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=4000.0

DamagedModel=

DestroyedModel=truck_destroyed.lod

DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion

SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect

SecondaryChance=100

Effect=SmokeStackEffect

EffectOffset=0,4.8,5.6

the same for Factory's (like from The Factroy Place)

[TargetType115]

Name=factory1

FullName=Factory

ModelName=fabrik1.LOD

TargetType=WEAPONS_FACTORY

DamagePoint=0.010

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=0.555

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=250

UseGroundObject=FALSE

RepairRate=0.150

StartDetectChance=50

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=12000.0

DamagedModel=

DestroyedEffect=VeryLargeBombEffect

DestroyedModel=fabrik1_def.lod

SecondaryEffect=LargeFireEffect

SecondaryChance=100

Effect=SmokeStackEffect

EffectOffset=-1.20,0.0,52.25

Small problem: you can have only ONE working smokestack per factory (example: Julhelm has a factory w/3 stack and only 1 can emmit)

now, I should state THIS train is a static Terrain Object ™, and just sits there. I've got a 'moving' train -built from Old Diego's 'full train' WoV/SF2V object, but it has many issues; not the least of which is it sits over 1meter OFF the ground (anti-grav hover train??). Another issue with trains as ground objects, is even though they'll follow truck routes set in the movement ini, they'll be multiple 'units' appearing, and it just looks wrong! It's a game engine thang, as it reads the train as a multiple truck convoy.

what kind of lighting are you trying for on runway? Something like fires in oil drums (ala WW2?) Runway lighting is controled in each _airfield.ini (the postions are set there, and at the bottom is the effect/material statements)

Thank you,

I'll try it as soon I will have my computer repaired

train seems easy

ONE smokestack per factory is easy - I will make separate chimney object

and one factory would be bunch of objects combined together

my trains arent moving, they just fires from AAA wagoons :-)

Monty CZ

You may be able to illuminate airfileds by creating "light towers", and give them each an effect similar to an afterburner, without the flame...that is, just the light effect.

I will make separate chimney object

that's the other cheat I use ... gepard, iirc, had made 2 smokestacks (50 and 72 meter height) that I modified to have a smoke emitter. They can, and have been, placed as seperate objects within an existing multi-stack factory, or added to one without a stack, to give that nice effect. It's a real bitch placing them exactly, and sometimes they aren't as hidden as I'd like, but it creates the illusion of having all 'furnaces burning'

if you want them, and their _types entires, I'll be glad to shoot them over. It'll save you some MAX time at least!

You may be able to illuminate airfileds by creating "light towers", and give them each an effect similar to an afterburner, without the flame...that is, just the light effect.

Just tested the concept...and it works! A spinoff of this, is that it appears that we can now have ships with navigation lights and deck illumination, trucks and trains with working headlights, etc. The only drawback on ground objects, is that one has to add a separate engine entry for each light (which in turn, is added as an exhaust effect for each engine).

I'm calling it a night at this point :cool:

img00166.JPG

• Like 1

all i can say is WOW!!!

this'll liven up night anti-ship missions (wonder if the lights will always be on, even on parked boats??)