Sign in to follow this  
HouseHobbit

Got My badge!

It is with dubious honor and Much Mead I have my Badge!!

And there is MUCH Rejoicing!!

I will wear this with great pride and lots of Mead..

Drinks for All!!

Edited by HouseHobbit

Sir! The Barmy OFFers Club badge is not an ordinary and stinkin badge...

Edited by Von Paulus

Badges, we don need no stinkin badges!:blink:

No the Stink washes in over time courtesy of the wonderful Castor Oil and spent Cordite... To the Hobbit welcome to the asylum... :drinks:

A person who would say "stinking badge" about our "Barmy OFFers Club Badge", should be punished!

By getting awarded the "Barmy OFFers Club Badge"!!!

Yeah!!!

And since this person is a highly decorated Marine, he is one of those barmy few, who would defend

their country even still with nothing but a stick, and one arm tied to his back. I think that's barmy enough?

So, dear Mr. President Lou, dear Vice President Dej - I hereby request the award of the "Barmy OFFers Club Badge"

to our long time forum member

NS13Jarhead

(I know what he said about the badge, but that's sheer barmyness - secretly he loves to wear all those orders,

medals and badges on his chest - trust me!)

I'd second your motion but I'm not an OFFicer of the OFFer's! :crazy:

Welcome to the madhouse, HH!

I will second that one simply because he's a Jarhead... and we need someone to mind the door on a Friday night :drinks:

I think he'll need a variation on the standard OFF badge...

gallery_22996_647_21746.jpg

[EDIT]Revised Image... forgot the pin.[/EDIT]

Edited by Dej

Crazy, because it's BARMY OFFers, not BOOZY OFFers.

Although...

Dej, that is a fine variation of the Club Badge for NS13Jarhead, Sir - now that you have already made it,

we must only distract our President from his slimming program for a sec, so that he can make up his

mind about Jarhead's membership.

Lou!?!? Are you on the treadmill?!?!?

Edited by Olham

Not on the treadmill Olham, I'm actually out in Spearfish, South Dakota. But I had a couple of minutes to check in, and just in time it appears. I say a definite "Yes" to bringing NS13Jarhead into the BOC fold, and Dej's new badge for him is not only apropos but downright spiffing!

:yes:

Isn't it spiffing indeed?

(What - a Spearfish in Dakota???)

I have heard of off shore fishing but this is a new one to me on shore fishing... maybe we can now try it as the Off'ers Olympic sporting type event... :drinks:

He wasn't joking - I found "Spearfish, South Dakota" in GoogleMaps.

A pity, that these early StreetView pics are not of the good quality they made later.

Lou, your area looks like wide freedom to me, Sir - even the skies seem higher in America.

As if the landscapes were all done in CinemaScope and Technicolour.

It's not all like that, Herr Olham. But when I get out to places like this, it is truly amazing. You go out at night, and the stars are simply unbelievable, innumerable and burning intensity and just a huge black, clear sky, but so immediate in another way, it's tough to describe. If you ever book a trip to the American West, try to insure that a new moon night is in there somewhere.

But do ask the locals if you plan to go on foot any distance. I was recently in Craig, CO, and saw my first mountain lion in the wild! So when I eventually parked, I didn't go far from my car!

Best,

Tom

... go out at night, and the stars are simply unbelievable, innumerable and burning intensity and just a huge black, clear sky,

but so immediate in another way, it's tough to describe. If you ever book a trip to the American West, try to insure that a new

moon night is in there somewhere.

I know what you mean, HD - I have been in Norway three times. Norway has hardly any industries, and if, they are down

near Oslo. I was higher up, and I was amazed to see the whole Milky Way so clear, that I realised, what the name came from.

Never knew before, that there are so many stars!

That would be what I'm talking about. It's breathtaking!

Yeah, indeed it's a smashy feeling. When I go into the highest place in my country, away from city lights, I never stop feeling in awe with such vision.

Here's today picture from "Astronomy Picture of the Day"

monumentvalley_pacholka_1387.jpg

Edited by Von Paulus

No, no, no, I'm not demeaning the BOC (or BOC S/Fou) badges. OK, I keep forgetting that not everyone has memorized "Classic American Cinema" like I have. I was referring to this timeless scene from Blazing Saddles

or the original verion from Treasure of the Sierra Madre

No, no, no, I'm not demeaning the BOC (or BOC S/Fou) badges. OK, I keep forgetting that not everyone has memorized "Classic American Cinema" like I have. I was referring to this timeless scene from Blazing Saddles

or the original verion from Treasure of the Sierra Madre

One of those movie lines that will go down in history..:grin:

Thanks for this..BRAVO!!

Although I had seen "Sierra Madre" (long time ago) I didn't remember that bit.

Good that you cleared that up, Jarhead, now that the BOC will definitely award you

with a special badge, designed even by our Vice President.

And since it is none of the "stinking" kind, I guess you will like it.

Edited by Olham

Dej, since we all agreed: will you send the "Special BOC Badge" to NS13Jarhead?

Already taken care of Olham when I sent Jarhead his official "Welcome" letter this AM. :smile: