Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Would there be any interest in ....

a faux Foch/Clemencau, based upon an existing 3W flatop?? (you, know a 'stand in')

I know there are MANY physical differences, far too many to list here; but at least this would give the AeroNaval Crusaders and SuEs someplace to live/work from.

If so, then I need to enlist one of our Naval Architects to 'activate' the 4 gun mount -even if they don't physically move- to give them 100mm DP guns. Cause the origianl Essex's ain't got NOTHING to protect themselves with!!

In theory, the 1970s (??) upgrade to short-ranged SAMs could also be added (Crotale?); but that would mean 2 sets of shipt -before and after overhaul

(by inference, french frigates/destroyers from the 1960s on up would also be needed ... or modded from something existing)

Thoughts?

well hard to have a RSR mod with out one. i would say yes.....

and it should come with a .wav of you saying faux Foch 3 times fast! :rofl:

Edited by daddyairplanes

it would be realy nice to have some new british carriers and a Foch , is somebody working on a Ark Royal or Foch ????

It's a nice idea, and seen from the cockpit the differences will not be "terrible". The 70s era modernisation also included the Crotale installation as you mentioned it, originaly named Murène.

I like it Kevin!!! :good:

IMO better more or less close stand-in than nothing for SE

hopefully I've gotten the warning plaque translated ok (babelfish). of course, if any of our French speakers sees it's wrong, let me know the corrct phrasing, and i'll fix it (have enought problems with English, being an American and all... :grin:

(or, we can put something completly 'off the wall' on it, like adverts for Citreon or Peugeut. you all know my love of silly Easter Eggs in-game)

is this Clem not releaseable as a mod? great work Wrench making that look like a French carrier BTW.

post-5105-0-24030600-1343857809.jpg

yes, it is not releasable. when i first posted it, i was asked by marcello to remove it.

now...oth, if someone has updated data inis, with all the SF2NA goodness ... afaik, THOSE can be released. it's just that people will have to screamble around and d/l a huge 1stGen pak by TMF that contains the LOD, and add it to the ini pak.

therefore, to remove any "issues", i came up with the idea for a stand-in.

edit: WK, it should say "PA Clemencau" (porte avions)

Edited by Wrench

Well, there's no correct phrasing as neither the Foch nor Clemenceau wore those warnings to my knowledge.

However if you insist on having them I may try to have a better translation, your advert idea is a nice one, in the mid 80's Citroen had a Visa GTi catapulted from the Clemenceau for an ad.

Citroën Visa GTi

Edited by Gunrunner

that's what gave me the idea! Doing the research last night on the boats, I ran across it. Laughed my butt off!

almost as good a Top Gear UK!

forgot to mention, i've got some updates/upgrades for the Super Etendards, too, that give them alternative loads for Naval_Strike and Cruise_Missile (and some fiddling with that damn pod that don't realy do anything!)

How hard could it be to make a real Foch? I'm not a genius with Max but I think I'm pretty fast with 3D... If someone else do it's inis and the paint job I can give it a try.

By the way, I have a 1:400 Heller's model of this ship so it can help me with details :)

hopefully I've gotten the warning plaque translated ok (babelfish). of course, if any of our French speakers sees it's wrong, let me know the corrct phrasing, and i'll fix it (have enought problems with English, being an American and all... :grin:

(or, we can put something completly 'off the wall' on it, like adverts for Citreon or Peugeut. you all know my love of silly Easter Eggs in-game)

If this is inspired by annotations from the American CVN flight deck, this should rather give "Attention au souffle et aux rotors" grin.gif. But I nerver know if one of these plate was ever placed on the bridge.

one of the reasons, it'd be real PIA to paint over it, and add the 'panel lines'. Doable, but just adds a few hours

Looks very nice Wrench! Also I was wondering if anyone was planning on making a useable WW2 era carrier? I know WW2 games and modding are sort of dead, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

apparently, the DAT is planning a really big PTO mod, afaik, SF2 based. They also have the CV-9 class (prolly the short hull Essex, as opposed to the longhull Ticonderorga that the stock SCB125 is based on)

it's actually quite easy to convert; unfortunately all we gots is an really old, really poor CV6, called "Enterprise6"

it's not fully updated (missing parking slots, as they must be plotted from the lods positining), but here it is

apparently, the DAT is planning a really big PTO mod, afaik, SF2 based. They also have the CV-9 class (prolly the short hull Essex, as opposed to the longhull Ticonderorga that the stock SCB125 is based on)

it's actually quite easy to convert; unfortunately all we gots is an really old, really poor CV6, called "Enterprise6"

it's not fully updated (missing parking slots, as they must be plotted from the lods positining), but here it is

Thanks!

Edited by warthog64

yeah, by rebuilding the _water.bmp to add Yankee and Dixie stations, adding NavalMap=TRUE to the VietnamSEA.ini, and having a full-5 merged install. You MUST have SF2NA installed to make use of carrier-based single missions

that was done months ago....BUT...

the movement ini does need rebuilding the rearrange the 'front line' (that red line), to seperate the northern gulf of tonkin from NVn, thereby creating that part of the ocean as 'friendly'

the map shoud/would look something like this... (note the 'enemy puke-green' zone off Haiphong)

edit: as I've put them, you'd need to use the expanded world trick in the flight engine ini, as the Yankee/Dixie are a bit too close to The Wall. The map is really not set up correctly for NA-based CV station coding.

Fixable, yes

Edited by Wrench

yeah, by rebuilding the _water.bmp to add Yankee and Dixie stations, adding NavalMap=TRUE to the VietnamSEA.ini, and having a full-5 merged install. You MUST have SF2NA installed to make use of carrier-based single missions

that was done months ago....BUT...

the movement ini does need rebuilding the rearrange the 'front line' (that red line), to seperate the northern gulf of tonkin from NVn, thereby creating that part of the ocean as 'friendly'

the map shoud/would look something like this... (note the 'enemy puke-green' zone off Haiphong)

edit: as I've put them, you'd need to use the expanded world trick in the flight engine ini, as the Yankee/Dixie are a bit too close to The Wall. The map is really not set up correctly for NA-based CV station coding.

Fixable, yes

Thanks Wrench

Would there be any interest in....

... a real Clemenceau Class?

001yaj.jpg

002btp.jpg

Just started a few hours ago, but I want to know if I should keep working on her..

HELL YES!!!

after all, those I released are just 'stand ins' so there's something to have in game.

OK, I'll work on her tonight, who is the ini-guru and who'll paint her?

Addendum:

003fnsi.jpg

004ygk.jpg