Sign in to follow this  
mynameismatt

Next DLC: F-4 Skin Pack

Thanks for showing it, but I will wait until the Mirage F.1. BTW, If you purchase a DLC is like when you buy a gae that you can download every time you need?

There are also some Blue Angels shots on FB from a while back that are part of that DLC as well.

Thanks for showing it, but I will wait until the Mirage F.1. BTW, If you purchase a DLC is like when you buy a gae that you can download every time you need?

Yes, I recently used the SF2 installer (after reinstalling Win7 @ 64-bit) and after putting in my email and code from one game I saw all the SF2 titles plus all the DLC I'd bought and was able to get them all at once. Then I just had to copy over my mod folders from my external HD backup and I was done.

Blues and Vandy are nice but what about later year schemes and carrier names? will continue on my own skinpack thank you. (although slowly with a probable release date of 2 days before TK's)

I would like to see some foreign operators thrown in there too. Much like the Iranian F-14 skins. Now that I think about it, Iranian F-4 skins would make sense as well. Turkey, Australia, Egypt, Spain and Greece would all be good candidates.

Edit: Assuming it will contain skins for more than just F-4J.

Edited by arthur666

(cough) mytia's phantom skin paks (cough)

• Like 1

What he said :)

Mytai skins/decals + Sundowners generic skins = possibility for very accurate skins of every kind imaginable for naval F-4s.

It doesn't take too much work to merge the two.

• Like 2

a very good basis for late 60s-early 70s. and yet there is soooo much more. much thanks to mytai though for the bln.tga that decals radomes!

edit: ok i will buy it if nothing else for the decal.ini on the VF-51 bird. units with 4-digit nums on the tail have been irritating me and i haven't gotten round to placing the tgas for it yet. course watch that will be the time decal.inis become locked!!!!! otherwise, vive le laziness

Edited by daddyairplanes

I would like to see some foreign operators thrown in there too. Much like the Iranian F-14 skins. Now that I think about it, Iranian F-4 skins would make sense as well. Turkey, Australia, Egypt, Spain and Greece would all be good candidates.

Edit: Assuming it will contain skins for more than just F-4J.

This is explicitly a Navy Phantom pack, godless heathen furriners er, our fine allies :rofl: bought the Air Force versions, so their markings should go there. As far as I know the only foreign operator who used a carrier version was the Royal Navy (and it was a special version just for them!)

looks like we're getting Ferris schemes too (new FB pics)

now just need overall gloss gull, lo-viz gray and TPS and we will be set. and F4SqTails to go with those schemes.

Edited by daddyairplanes

and the correct lo-viz SqTails!! all the ones shown so far are full color

looks like we're getting Ferris schemes too (new FB pics)

Looks good, but was Ferris or plain grey ever used on the F-4B/J or just on the F-4N/S ?

I agree. His & Sundowner's Phantom skins are incomparable.

This DLC is literally nullifying all their hard work. I know, people will say If you are not interested, don't buy it. But I find these skin pack DLCs rather stupid and to some extent it discourages skinners. I am ok with new DLC a/c models but Skin packs :bad: ?????

Agreed.Aircraft DLCs are worth it,but why pay for skins when you can make your own or download other modder's?

@ Wrench been on the LoViz since beginning of the year, just gone slower since starting school

@ aurthur666: no Ferris for B/N models, just a select few J and S units.

@ others about skinpacks: really good skins like Sundowners for the USAF Phantoms are not rivalled even by DLC. however in the case of naval Rhinos not much is available in the variety of units and they are better represented by decals on a generic skin that unit specific skins anyhow. i'll drop my 3 bucks now that i know it's coming out of inherent human laziness so i have the decal ini's to place some items.

TW said

Thanks guys, butwe´re not going to make a whole set of low-vis squadron markings just to make it more "accurate".

I´m gonna display a reciprocate interest in this DLC. I mean, if they are not even gonna care...

Wait, whaaaaat? What's the point of low-viz skins if they got bright markings? A little inaccuracy is fine, but that's just glaringly wrong.

In the beginning (well not the beginning, but not too far from the beginning), TK would provide templates that would make it easy for anyone to make half-decent skins. Since SF2, no more templates. Make your own, or hope someone like Sundowner is kind enough to make and release them.

Personally, I do not have the time or talent to make the skins I want, and others have not done them either. So, TK's DLC strategy appeals to someone like me. Added benefit is TK should keep them up to date if he makes 3d model fixes, which doesn't always happen with user made skins. I am interested in the Blue Angels and would equally appreciate the Thunderbirds. The problem I see is that I would like to use them as starting points for even better skins... an I don't see that happening without a way to extract dlc cat files.

So the DLC are cheap and cool... but kind of empty compared to the community library of skins that are completely free and moddable!

Edited by streakeagle

It´s out, BTW. 11 skins, sure worth the money, but if you ask me, i don´t like being fed out of his grace like that. We are meant to be clients, aren´t we?. The commentary i quoted turned me from a "come on, series are not going all that bad" to "wtf is going on?". After some minor errors in some DLCs, the trouble with the USN numbers not fitting types (something wich DID WORK in the past gen)and this "we don´t care" statement,i have turned to the dark side. Got any cookies Stary?

Another Skinpack???? For F-4??? :blink:

DLC Aircrafts are OK and nice, but skins? We already have nice & accurate

skins and high rez templates (Thank you Ant!)!

Maybe there are enough people buying these skins, I won´t.

Breaking news! This just in. Apparently downloading the F-4 skin pack is NOT compulsory...