Sign in to follow this  
SkateZilla

Strike Fighters : Android Edition

Posted on Thirdwire:

First peek of Strike Fighters game for Android phones, coming soon to app stores near you! ;)

post-182-0-68308200-1344051442.jpg

No thanks, I don't even play the games on my phone...

Not for me. Hope it works out or him though.

Man... anybody know a decent WWII flightsim for a good ol' PC? Jets on a phone... not for me...

• Like 3

Well I have tried more then a few flight games on my phone, and I have come accross a few that have held my attention for a few breif encounters ........If TW can make one that finally suits my taste for gaming fun on the phone......then I say BRING IT ON !!! :clapping:

So, TK got his stuff to run under Linux?

This is gonna fund some great PC stuff, right?

I have a flip-phone. :caveman:

Good luck. Don't forget us!

Edited by arthur666

I'm with Major Lee....

I was 100% sure this was a joke...

Well...I don't have any smart phone (or "advanced" one) so...who cares? :grin:

Yuck...

It just crossed my mind that Android devices are still pretty open, and unless TK locks stuff really hard, mods will find a way to seep in.

I will buy it for bitching and giggles :yes:

edit:

of course I'll try to mod the hell out of it. Because I can :tongue:

cheer up guys -think of it as another cash source for TW to improve the PC series...

BTW -standard screenshots would be nice, most tablets allow that I think. Else from now on I'll post my SF2 screens taken by camera from the LCD :wink:

Edited by Stary
  • Like 1

there will be free add-based version aswell as few bucks payware one

after Droid version will come iOS, and later Win7 and Win8 ones

Think of it as sort of PC series advertisement, at least I do so

Hmm this may be nice, I have "Winds of Steel" and it's pretty cool

Winds of Steel demo is cool, or Skies of Glory or Pacific Navy Fighter

Why? Does working on mobile versions caused Thirdwire not working on patches or DLC? Nope. Also think of the features that in time might be ported from mobile versions to PC series if any

BTW -standard screenshots would be nice, most tablets allow that I think. Else from now on I'll post my SF2 screens taken by camera from the LCD :wink:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! you wouldn't dare! :lol:

i agree with you about modding it Stary. esp. cool that i'm going to school for just such things now and have realized tablet games would likely be the next big money maker. not the most fun for a flight simmer mind you, but the money maker with other folks.

be prepared for many insipid shots in October when i get a tablet with my excess school money!

interesting - wonder if its like the the old afterburner arcade game - no scope for many controls - you just blow up as many comms buildings as possible.

Not for me...........

Why? Does working on mobile versions caused Thirdwire not working on patches or DLC? Nope. Also think of the features that in time might be ported from mobile versions to PC series if any

In a 2 man operation its got to affect it - instead of having FE2 (not worked on) and SF2 Engines on Windows only - he now has to deal with issues relating to Linux, ios and Win 8 and each of these will have a vastly cut down and different version of the SF2 engine - which will need their own bug fixes etc. And like with FE2 if the mobile apps make money then SF2 on the PC likely wont be developed - which might be a good thing for modders.

Surprised to see it's so far along. Kind of explains why most of the patches lately have only listed like 2 or 3 things fixed.

Well if it brings enough revenue, maybe he can have more than 2 people and get more done.

I don't see why people would say "noooooo"

No one will force you to buy it. It won't come and uninstall SF2 from your PC.

I might check it out...

It all depends on how you look at it.For people on the go,it may be a big help.But,imagine the android version selling like hot cakes.Imagine ThirdWire deciding to close down the pc version!The feeling of playing this game on the PC simply cannot be surpassed.But I'm probably being paranoid right guys?.....guys?!Anyways,what of kind of graphic quality can we expect from the Android version?

Edited by Lazarus1177