Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joedarkness

Eglin AFB, Hurlbert Field and Duke Field Skin request

Guest Joedarkness

I just spoke to my Dad (retired Airforce Master Sgt) on the phone and was telling him about SF2 and all it has mod/skin wise. He thought was really cool. He asked though if A/C-130U Gunships had the Hurlbert Field and Duke Field skin. I looked and it doesn't. Also I told him only the F-15's have the 33rd Squad not the new F-35 and F-16. I grew up on Eglin AFB and Hurlbet Field, it would be really awesome if one you guys would make those skins. Thanks

http://www.eglin.af.mil/units/33rdfighterwing/index.asp

http://www.eglin.af.mil/units/index.asp

http://www.eglin.af.mil/units/53rdwing/index.asp

So you're looking for an F-35 and an F-16 skin?

the spectre would probablly best be done via tail code decals.

Remember, too, those gunships are a real bitch to fly, and even harder to hit ground targets with!!!

Guest Joedarkness

Yeah I'm looking for F-35 and F-16 skins for Eglin AFB and then the A/C-130U Duke Field and Hurlbet Field skins. If I remember correctly the Duke and Hurlbert Gunships paint is done differently also, I think Duke had the camo and hurlbet had the gray paint. It'd just be cool to have since my Dad was stationed at all 3 bases when I younger. His last duty station was at Keesler AFB with Hurricane Hunters before he retired in 2009. Thanks!

None of the gunships have carried tailcodes since Vietnam, and it was "FT" and "AH" back then. Duke was home to the AC-130As as part of the AFRes. They were all over Ghost Grey (FS36320) but faded very quickly to a lighter shade. Hurlburt Field was home to the AC-130Hs from the 16th SOS and in the early 90's, the 4th SOS stood up with the AC-130U. Both wear a split camo pattern of Gunship Grey up top (FS36118) over a lower wavy pattern of Light Grey (FS36375).

The F-35s over at Eglin are part of the 33rd Fighter Wing, but split amongst AF, Navy and USMC squadrons under the joint wing. The F-35As carry the "EG" tailcode, while the Marines' B-models carry VM vertically on the rudder. No C-models from the Navy have arrived to stand up VFA-101 as of yet.

The F-16s are not part of the 33rd, but assigned to the 46th Test Wing across the base. They wear "ET" and a white band with red diamonds on the tail for the 40th Flt Test Squadron and "OT" for the 85th Test/Eval Squadron with white/black checkers.

Dave may have done some of the test Vipers already, but am not 100% sure. Ask him.

Good luck!

I've got an Eglin WIP:

post-5735-0-28819800-1344357873_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-92762700-1344357878_thumb.jpg

i also have to corrcet myself on the Hercs ... we only have the A model Spectre; there is no U availble. Possibly with a LOT of work, one of Dels could be converted...

Guest Joedarkness

None of the gunships have carried tailcodes since Vietnam, and it was "FT" and "AH" back then. Duke was home to the AC-130As as part of the AFRes. They were all over Ghost Grey (FS36320) but faded very quickly to a lighter shade. Hurlburt Field was home to the AC-130Hs from the 16th SOS and in the early 90's, the 4th SOS stood up with the AC-130U. Both wear a split camo pattern of Gunship Grey up top (FS36118) over a lower wavy pattern of Light Grey (FS36375).

The F-35s over at Eglin are part of the 33rd Fighter Wing, but split amongst AF, Navy and USMC squadrons under the joint wing. The F-35As carry the "EG" tailcode, while the Marines' B-models carry VM vertically on the rudder. No C-models from the Navy have arrived to stand up VFA-101 as of yet.

The F-16s are not part of the 33rd, but assigned to the 46th Test Wing across the base. They wear "ET" and a white band with red diamonds on the tail for the 40th Flt Test Squadron and "OT" for the 85th Test/Eval Squadron with white/black checkers.

Dave may have done some of the test Vipers already, but am not 100% sure. Ask him.

Good luck!

Thanks very much for that! I had said something to my Dad about the 130's and he said the green camo ones I saw at Duke growing up where the transports so that explains my confusion. Also I didn't really know that 16s were not part of the 33rd I just remember seeing them fly over my house and also parked at the airfield when we drove by. Its been probably 15 years since I've been down there. Thanks though for the info. Can you please post the link for the F-35 Eglin skin so I can download it. Thanks again guys!

In the early 90's, most of the C-130s at Duke and Hurlburt were green. The gunships were the only grey special mission aircraft there at the time(they were Euro camo'd until late 80's). The MC-130 Combat Talons were also Euro green camo'd until the first MOD 90 aircraft came to the 8th SOS in 1992. To even confuse you more, the 8th and 16th SOS each had a slick c-130 used for pilot proficiency flights (touch n go) that were also green until they got painted grey to match the others.

I was stationed at both Hurlburt and Eglin for 10 years, so I saw them go through a few different paint schemes.

-Jeff

Guest Joedarkness

In the early 90's, most of the C-130s at Duke and Hurlburt were green. The gunships were the only grey special mission aircraft there at the time(they were Euro camo'd until late 80's). The MC-130 Combat Talons were also Euro green camo'd until the first MOD 90 aircraft came to the 8th SOS in 1992. To even confuse you more, the 8th and 16th SOS each had a slick c-130 used for pilot proficiency flights (touch n go) that were also green until they got painted grey to match the others.

I was stationed at both Hurlburt and Eglin for 10 years, so I saw them go through a few different paint schemes.

-Jeff

Hell yeah Jeff! Thanks for the info. I was younger when i lived down there. I think my Dad got stationed to that area in 91 or 92. I loved the area a lot. Specially being so close to the Naval Air Station in Pensacola and then having the AFB also. Good stuff if you where a child who was in love with Planes!