Sign in to follow this  
ludo.m54

problem with two terrains

Hi all,

Like a lot of us, I have many terrains installed in my mod folder. Most of them works fine but I have a problem with two of them.

When I start a random mission with Libya and Modern Darwin terrain, the game freeze at 80 % in around 75 % of the cases.

I tried to reinstall the terrains but no luck...

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ludo

80% used to be when ground objects started loading ...

which game? -this seems very important of late!!

what patch level?

what service/nation are you flying for?

has anything been done to the 2 terrains _water.bmps (like adding cv stations?)

are all the ground objects from the terrains, IN the GO folder??

(in my all-is-everything SF2 install, they work fine. however, in SF2NA, the carrier stations I added to Libya are 'unusual')

been having the same issues with CubaOTC -- works fine in NA, but locks at 80% in SF2. This is a bug I've been trying to run down since April!!!

oth, llooooooooooooooooooooooooong loading times are the norm for my terrains, simply because I put so much crap on them!

But this freezes completly, and you have to control/alt/delete and open the task manager?

it's 2am here in california ... i'm going to bed!

Edited by Wrench

Hello,

The game : SF2E

The patch level : july 2012

Nation : several of them, especially western air forces.

Terrains : remove and clean installation.

Groundobject : I copied all the groundobjects included.

I think I will try to remove my modded "groundobjects folder" and try with only the groundobjects included in the donwload pack.

Thanks for your help.

Ludo

by chance, do you have the latest issued/build fo the Fletcher destroyer? If so, try removing that first. There's somethinhg wrong with it I can't figure out (totally screwed KAW, until I removed it, and used the original release).

don't forget, it 'supposed' to point to the Desert.cat; it should work pointing to the GermanyCE.cat, but I'll have to restest that.

(conversly, if you have 1stGen SFP1, you can copy/paste the Desert terrain folder over, extract the data ini and make the necessary adjustments in the shader statements to bring it to SF2 compliance)

Modern Darwin also points to the VietnamSEA.cat; but again ...?????

Edited by Wrench

ive seen this issue somewhere but cannot find solution?

Im assuming its oiltank1 ?

post-1981-0-62781800-1344643253_thumb.jpg

fault in the 3rdWire pit1.lod. I reported it about 2+ years ago ... still ain't fixed!

you can copy the pit1.ini from any of my other terrains, or copy/paste the text below, and 'save as..' pit1.ini. make sure it goes into ALL terrain folders

[LOD001]

Filename=pit1.lod

Distance=6000

[shadow]

CastShadow=FALSE

ShadowCastDist=500

MaxVisibleDistance=2000

aye, after posting I found the fix....do we know the pit1 dimensions etc?...I could make new LOD

by chance, do you have the latest issued/build fo the Fletcher destroyer? If so, try removing that first. There's somethinhg wrong with it I can't figure out (totally screwed KAW, until I removed it, and used the original release).

don't forget, it 'supposed' to point to the Desert.cat; it should work pointing to the GermanyCE.cat, but I'll have to restest that.

(conversly, if you have 1stGen SFP1, you can copy/paste the Desert terrain folder over, extract the data ini and make the necessary adjustments in the shader statements to bring it to SF2 compliance)

Modern Darwin also points to the VietnamSEA.cat; but again ...?????

Hello,

You're right Kevin, the problem comes from the Fletcher.

Thanks a lot.

Ludo

so they're working ok now???

Yes, I deleted the Fletcher folder and I flew 5 consecutive mission without freeze with both terrains.

Thanks again.

Ludo