Tuba2

Using three CH controllers

I have a HOTAS problem where two of the CH Fighter Stick, Pro Throttle and Pro pedals combination will work but not the third. All three are recognized with sound when plugged into the USB plugs and all three show in Device Manager. However, only two of the three functions in flight simulations and there is no response from the non-functioning device when trying to calibrate or program using CH Control Manager V4.52. Each controller works correctly if I switch out a working with a non-working controller.

Therfore I assume one of the USB ports is not working. However, checking each of the ports in Device Manager reports they are all functioning correctly. Is there another method for checking if a USB port is non-functional or some other thing I might try to solve this problem? I should mention that all three controllers could be used at the same time until about three weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tuba2

I use the same HOTAS devices with BHaH, but haven't had any problems using Control Manager v4.52 with

XP or Win7 64 bit. However,

Are you using a powered USB hub or the USB ports from the motherboard? Powered USB hubs occasionally give CH devices the fits. If using USB ports powered through the motherboard, are they USB v2.0?

USB recognition in the CH software can get wonky if you are moving devices from one port to another. I've had issues with that before, and the simplest way to fix it is to unplug all of your CH devices, uninstall CH Control Manager, and reinstall everything, strictly following the directions http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?6196-Control-Manager-v4.51-Posted (only takes about half an hour or so). Once installed, I NEVER unplug one of my CH devices.

I see that Bob Church offered some of the same advice...he's definitely the expert.

Hope this helps. Your mileage may vary.

Looking through posts looking for Olham's TrackIR5 I see I never said "Thanks" for the help/reply BirdDog. "Thanks for the help!!" All three devices are back to working order and I am waiting for the new edition of OFF.

Edited by Tuba2