Sign in to follow this  

A. Collision Mesh w/ Deck issue is Fixed (Finally).

B. Working on Replacing the 3D Lighting with Actual Lighting.

But Even TK/TW has found away to get me some grey hair...

Seems there's a Max Light per mesh Maybe? as the last few lights on the right side of the landing strip do not have a light point unless one of the other's is out of view.... its wierd, i know, but im looking into it, maybe its a texture specular issue or something. Once I lay the Left Side Lights I'll know.

If I get it to work, in the End Run I'll save over 250 Polys By Deleting those meshes. Other Benefits Include Great View Distance, without being overly large or brightened.

Left Side Old Lights (3d Illuminated), Right Side Shader Lights.

post-182-0-20602200-1344656358_thumb.jpg

Overhead View:

post-182-0-91940400-1344656380_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looking nice...

Well, Laid the left line... and the same thing, Only 9 Lights Appear at one time (cant remember if there is a Max Light Per Mesh or Max Light Source Per Map??), as the ramp, seems to have Light points on it. as well as other "textures" if i purposely place a point near something other than the deck map.

The even better part, is if I get it working correctly, I can adjust the TGA so that there is NO LIGHTS visible in the daytime, and as it gets darker the Lights start to light up.

So I Guess when I Re-Build the Deck on the New Model, I Break Up the Landing Strip Area to Use Separate Texture maps.

Edited by SkateZilla

Of course the big question is... collision meshes getting any better?

Deck Collision works now (since the SF2NA i think, as I havent changed anything except putting the flight deck length back to its realistic value.)

-Will remove Super Hornets

-Place "Parking" Coordinates

-Re-activate 1 of the forward catapults.

-Divide Runway into separate maps to finish the lighting.

v1.1 prolly wont see the light of day outside of a test bed for v2.0

I've already been workign on a completely new 3d Model from the ground up for other titles, and it will be ported to SF2 as well.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1