SkateZilla

new DLC: A-4L, Navy And Marines Released

https://store.thirdwire.com/store_dlc.htm

$2.99

A-4L is the upgraded version of A-4C with similar ECM and RWR as the later A-4E/F models, it entered service in 1970 mostly with reserve squadrons.

Includes 1 player aircraft with 1 Navy and 1 Marines texture sets.

Any way I'll be able to tell this one from the lot of other A-4 types we've had so far?

yeah, it prolly don't use a seperat "hump" added via FakePilot ™ :biggrin:

have it, if it differs from bazillion other Skyhawks I have yet to find the difference

Ah. So the L is a C upgraded to almost being an E/F. Kind of like a Euro MLU F-16 is almost an F-16C. Except those were frontline for their countries, and this was pretty much only reserve.

Kinda like LOMAC with three MiG-29s. Sure one was a later version but it boiled down to two of the same aircraft, only one was retextured as a G model...

But unless they offer a different aircraft you can get in the game then I'll pass.

Sense left the building with the Kiwi release.

in the TW board room.........

DanW: One year ago we started to release DLC mods at cost to our customers. many of them have already been released for free at Combat Ace. However enough people are ignorant of this fact to be profitable. For files already done we charge 2.99. For the things the modders could do but haven't yet we charge 5.99. what should we charge for DLC from the files that have been locked sir?

TK:

(sorry bout the next thing that gets locked guys. but that thought's been running thru my head ever since readin a bazillion Skyhawks....)

• Like 1

you mean we actually have fricken skyhawks with fricken laser beams attached to their fricken wings?!

Coooooool

An A-4C with Hump - from the always accurate wiki

A-4L: 100 A-4Cs remanufactured for Marine Corps Reserves and Navy Reserve squadrons. Fitted with A-4F avionics (including the fuselage "hump") but retaining J-65 engine and three-pylon wing

Shirley you can never have too many Skyhawks - especially with Laser Beams attached

Edited by MigBuster

Shirley you can never have too many Skyhawks - especially with Laser Beams attached

Of course you can...and don't call me Shirley. :biggrin:

well, speaking totally from a modder/skinner/ini dancer's POV ...(and having rereleased an SF2 upgraded version last August..)

with the hump now built into the LOD, does allow for the other 2 squadrons to be easily done!!

------------------------------------

DA: dude, totally fraking awesome post!!! :biggrin:

you mean we actually have fricken skyhawks with fricken laser beams attached to their fricken wings?!

Coooooool

it's not Coooooool it's fricken Coooooool :smile:

TK(on the light issue): ahaahaahaa. Lasers mounted on fricken Skyhawks!

DanW: ummm sir the Skyhawks are on the National registry of Historical Aircraft. we're not allowed to mount lasers on them. However, we do have a Cessna 172 available.

TK: Is it evil?

DanW: ill tempered.

Edited by daddyairplanes

Sweet, personal attacks.

Im sorry...

Ladies and Gentlemen... Scotty Dont.

Edited by SkateZilla

In case you haven't noticed, the days where TK gives away the F-4J and A-4F for free are gone. The bills went up and the market value for '60s era "sim lite" air combat games remained the same. TK made it clear from the start what DLC would be: skins and minor variants of existing aircraft. So, what is wrong with TK trying to maximize customer choice and income by releasing these minimum change DLCs? If you don't like a particular product, vote with your wallet. My only problem is that I have to keep applying the latest patch revisions to use the latest DLCs whether I like the changes in the patch or not. The game is becoming more "nerfed" for "casual" players who expect hard settings to allow their missiles to work every time and enemy missiles to miss or do at most minor damage, and can't be bothered to lower and raise landing gear/flaps/tailhooks (TK actually expressed that he is considering eliminating gear/flaps/hook controls in favor of automation to reduce button complexity), Charging $3 for minor aircraft variants that nobody is forced to buy is simply a non-issue for me, especially when contrasted with the future of the core detail/gameplay.

For the record, the A-4L is just as unique as the Japanese F-4. It retains many physical features of the A-4C, especially the length. But besides the obvious hump, it has updated "separate" intakes and adds the spoilers prevalent on later Skyhawks. You can't make a 100% physically correct A-4L from either an A-4C, A-4E, or A-4F. It requires a dedicated model to get all the details correct. As a fan of the F-4, I appreciate every minor detail that distinguishes every variant of F-4 TK has released. It is therefore equally easy for me to appreciate the many Skyhawk, Hunter, Mirage, and other variants of stock aircraft TK has decided to cover. While I happen to like Skyhawks and Mirages, I have never cared much about Hunters -- yet I own all the variants released by TK. Call me stupid, but I actually enjoy having the largest possible library -- and in a way that doesn't get broken every time a major game engine update is released. If you can live without an A-4L (and I am sure everyone can short of true Skyhawk fanatics), don't buy it. But when you consider the price, it is more than fair for a unique new model with a customized ini. I have paid far more for the same or less between Razbam and YAP.

• Like 2

You can't make a 100% physically correct A-4L from either an A-4C

well, considering the original release of the A-4L back around '06 by C5 and crab_02, and my upgrade from last year, I'd say we did a hell of good job. At least some of us are still trying...

will I buy this one? Most likely; simply to apply my correct decals (right down to BuNums)

i was just teasing, not meant to be a personal attack. as said, at bazillions mentioned earlier in this thread austin powers came to mind.

it was fun well written post Daddy, personal attack? Not in my opinion