stuntman

Question for terrain builders: how to modify vegetation placement

Hi guys

Do any of you terrains gurus know how to change the position of the vegetation on the map? I would like to remove some parcels here and there on vietnam terrain for placing objects.

I've looked thru the forum but hardly found a correct answer...

2 ways:

1) tile specific approach -only via Terrain Editor and using texturelist used by original creator, this way you can add/remove some trees per tile

2) retiling approach -simpler, also using TE, by retiling the area in question with tiles that have no trees -for Vietnam maps it's usually prefix-AB tiles

Will that work for removing .tga trees out of the middle of runways?

best would be to re-tile the area in question with tiles that don't have trees on them (those airbase -AB tiles)

as for removing individual trees -the removal would affect trees layout on every tile of that name (in example VietnamGJ50B.bmp)

In fact, I'm trying to adapt the YAP terrain in my SF2 install with green hell 2 texture, and sometimes GH2 trees are overlapping with their extra objects. I had a look at TK terrain editor, but i gotta say i'm didn't really understand the thing...

The alternate (like I did) was to convert the YAP targets, cities, bases, etc to GH2. That way you do not mess with any terrain tiles, only text files.