Gerwin's Iceland 1024 tileset

This is 1024x1024 optional tileset and treemod for Gerwin's "old format" IcelandNA terrain.

New waternormal included (still experimenting with those)

Stretching the reality a bit I decided to add some clusters of trees/bushes to most of non-snow tiles -this way it's not 100% accurate but gives us something happening down low.

• Like 1

Piece of art Przemek! New water looks great (increasingly reminiscent of NA water :grin: ). And these geysers...

Thank you :good:

heh those geysers are sort of easter egg :yes: be glad I skipped my Prometheus one I had in mind :wink:

Nice to see some things evolving on iceland,

Won't be able to check it out though, I am not home and internet is horrible here.

geysers??? oh,man gotta check that out!! (hopefully, working volcanos are next???)

In a word. . .

Stunning :cool:

Thank you my friend :drinks:

ahhh my bad...I didnt realise was for the IcelandNA TW terrain...good stuff...stock is bland.

geysers??? oh,man gotta check that out!! (hopefully, working volcanos are next???)

test sort of... via good old TOD creativity

Very nice terrain stary. I just feel like darker water would be better. what do you think?

Superb job Stary! Makes one think that TK wasted time/money developing this new terrain engine ;)

P.S. yeah, darker water would look better IMHO. Any plans for seasonal tiles?

no need for seasonal tiles IMO now... I'd prefer to spend time fixing few tiles instead

as for water:

1) I wanted close to original NA water look

2) North Atlantic current is quite blue-ish much like in NA

no need for seasonal tiles IMO now... I'd prefer to spend time fixing few tiles instead

as for water:

1) I wanted close to original NA water look

2) North Atlantic current is quite blue-ish much like in NA

Hehe, I've never actually seen North Atlantic, so I was going by "gut feeling", no biggie ol' champ ;) As for seasonal tiles, I was thinking that in winter Iceland would be "planet snowball", no? Any way that just my bitching & nitpicking, your probably busy with other projects & RL, so feel free to ignore me :D

EDIT: If there's a simple way I could use GIMP to sprinkle some snow on green tiles, someone lemme now so maybe I can create winter tiles myself? White spray tool + some alpha or smth? Am I warm Przemek?

Edited by SFP1Ace

Try changing selected colour tool im GIMP, and replace some greenish brown ISGREEN-type tiles...

Hmm seems I will have to upload new version with darker water and second winter season...

Hi stary, awesome job, people like you are what makes this simulation a lot more interesting. Just wondering if anyone else has floating bits above the smaller trees?

Try changing selected colour tool im GIMP, and replace some greenish brown ISGREEN-type tiles...

Hmm seems I will have to upload new version with darker water and second winter season...

Actually I decided to whip out autumn & winter tiles. It's gonna be crap, I know, but I should learn how to "do" things instead of "demanding" them. :biggrin:

Edited by SFP1Ace

Hi stary, awesome job, people like you are what makes this simulation a lot more interesting. Just wondering if anyone else has floating bits above the smaller trees?

hmm will check but nothig like this in my case so far..? you do use the IcelandNA_data.ini included gillg?

Stary, why am I getting this? It looks like the coast transition tiles default back to yours, but I don't know why...Something to do with them TGA files, but for the love of god I can't pinpoint the cultprit... :(

img00001w.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

seems like you didn't run the batch conversion or whatever tool you use on them?

I modified the bmp's with GIMP to give them "brownish" looks (no batch, each separately). And placed them in the "fall" subfolder in IcelandNA folder together with TGAs. I also added fall season entry in the appropriate ini file. Still it look like somehow game engine doesn't want to use "my" fall tiles for coastal transitions (when combined with coastal TGAs which are supposed to be shown over the BMP's, yes?), but defaults to yours summer ones in the main folder. What am I missing? O_o

Should I modify the TGA's as well?

EDIT: I've found the culprit! It's the effin' GIMP, it doesn't read TGA files saved in Photoshop correctly :/...Phoshop ftw :/

Edited by SFP1Ace

Hi!

I tried more one of your outstanding tiles with latest Gerwin's Iceland Terrain and this set seems to mess the terrain. Any new version? Thanks!