Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

Looking for a Sea Harrier

I might be losing it but I was sure there was a RN Sea Harrier available as a stand alone aircraft to add to my NA install without having to extract it from The Falklands mod. Any idea where it might be or is it a WIP?

i'm pretty sure I sent the most current stuff to IanH and dtmdragon when we were working on the FRS.2...

guess it didn't get finsished/released!

That's the one Sandesh! Thanks mate. Edit - just downloaded and noticed it's actually a first gen mod and not SF2! Never mind, a bit of converting's good for the soul!

Kevin,IanH and dtmdragon looking forward to the updated mod.

Raven - thanks for the assist.

Edited by allenjb42

Allenjb42 - I ended up being "Volunteered" for security during the Olympics & Paralympics thanks to G4S being crap so I'm away from my PC till late Sept-early Oct when I'll be able to finish off the Sea Harrier FRS.1 conversion mate. From what I remember it was using the model/skins straight from ChrisBV's Op Corporate pack and just SF2'ing the ini files and adding Decals (here's a few screenshots of the FRS.1 and FA2 together) -

seaharrier54.jpg

seaharrier53.jpg

seaharrier51.jpg

***************EDIT******************

Found the beta FRS.51 skin I tried based on ChrisBV's FRS.1 skin with EricJ's decals in a random SF2 folder on my Laptop!

seaharrier58.jpg

Edited by ianh755
  • Like 1

I just checked and the models above I have,there are quite a few things wrong,flashing polys,wheels are too low poly,and some mapping errors,also missing refuel probes etc etc,im off this week,and will try to fix what I can.

PS. will fix them so it wont affect existing skins,I ll do the probe as selectable.

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

ok remade wheels,added pitots,etc,tidied up some mapping,cockpit,are,panel etc.

Redone nose as it was too pointed.

working on the canopy glass,refuel probe,nose mapping is wrong\stretched,will fix that.cant promise to fix everything,but will do what I can.

heres some progress shots

post-1981-0-69601600-1346172763_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-06914900-1346172776_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-31888700-1346172786_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

out-frakking-standing!!!!

Might just be enough to get me back into TW for a bit, been thoroughly entrenched in FSX for a few months now... wanna make something go boom :P

Craig

Great job, Russo, hope I may point out a few issues with the landing gear.

Hopefully, since you are at it, you might be able to fix these as well. I am referring to the Harrier FA2 model.

- front and main gear animation - wheels stand right on the ground and then all of a sudden the shocks extend and wheels get submerged; a few moments later shocks retract and wheels get back to normal

- wing-support gear - appear a bit too short; when the aircraft is on the ground, the wing support gear does not extend enough to touch the ground, so the aircraft does not sit steady on ground

Russo,

ANy chance of fixing the the FRS.1( and hence FRS.51). An IFR probe would be nice as well.

116.jpg

Indian-Navy-Sea-Harrier.jpg

Harrier_IN_Malabar_07.jpg

Edited by ghostrider883

:worship:

ok heres list of stuff done,and under way

Remade canopy glass and screenglass,

Outriggers now corrected. DONE

Added antennaes etc DONE

Remade wheel. DONE

new canopy frame interiors as old were flattened and caused poly flashing.(polys too close together) DONE

remapping nose,and Radome...under way

redoing pylons so they are better selectable....Underway

may redo the landing gears(if got time)

new cockpit,dash...DONE

post-1981-0-50024300-1346281090_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-43286400-1346281104_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-20159800-1346281120_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

redoing pylons so they are better selectable....Underway

Here is a thought - if you have the time and wish to handle it while working on pylons, the FA2 model could benefit from AMRAAM pylons under the fuselage, in place of the gun pods. Just a thought... :drinks:

Hi, Russo, may I show an idea i used on my Noseintake planes like the Ye-152 and La-200, the whole body shape of those birds are way less complex than the one of a Harrier, so I tried this out to have a more smoothed front and rear of the fuselage, so the rest is nearly low poly, but the result looks good.

Here is and example of your nose section, the yellow lines are the polys you used, the reds are the one I would put in. Its not a huge poly increasy but smooth the nose a bit up with uot redoing the mapping ;)

what do you think?

post-8289-0-21784100-1346313911_thumb.jpg

here is the way I modeled it, I try to have areas like intakes, nose and cockpit as detailed as possible cause they are the areas you are looking most of the time at them.

post-8289-0-50625500-1346314063_thumb.jpg

Its just a sugestion, hope its ok for you I post it here ;)

• Like 1

I use the meshsmooth or such on my stuff now,so areas like you say look bettermespecially around areas like gear doors etc.

post-1981-0-37500600-1346347093_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

meshsmooth doenst work on my stuff as I want it, do i need to deselect some specs? Looks good! I had to do it manualy cause of the result. ;)

Yeah I had to do some by hand too.

ok Radome is now a mesh(remapped it)

I added some polys to nose so I can now remap that bit too.

Fixed pylons now so only what you want is selectable,moved them down in pic for ease of viewing.

adding new belly pylons too.btw :)

post-1981-0-24971900-1346351110_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-65246700-1346351141_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

adding new belly pylons too.btw :)

Great, thanks!!! :drinks:

Aren't those wing pylons a bit too many for that Harrier version?

I thought Sea Harriers FRS1 and FA2 had the smaller wimg with just 2 pylons under...

Should be off to read some more, I guess... :blush: