MAKO69

An unknown plane from the 60's

A mock up or real? Click on image to get the full pic.

untitled5.png

Edited by MAKO69

I have no clue searched the web for it. I'm guessing a mockup, or photoshop. I was realy stoked for a few minutes.

Can't find it in my prototype book, but it looks like Lockheed version of a Phantom AH-1 (YF4H-1) prototype.

On second look, The Main Gear looks fake.

Edited by RAVEN

it looks like a navalized version of mirage g8 with many other changes (wheels, fins,main gears) ....perhaps it is a fictional or a photoshop :)

post-27836-0-72732100-1345097529_thumb.jpg

MAKO just found Thirdwire Mirage F1! :yikes:

sorry couldn't resist...

I have no idea -some company promotional shoting mock-up?

damnit Stary some are drinkin their morning coffee with this. need a warning withposts like that :lol:

• Like 1

Okay from what I have gathered this is the Ling Temco V-507 and was as stated Voughts attempt at the role the Tomcat eventually took... Just a mockup unfortunately...

Some Details here though I think the colour drawing is someones idea of what it would look like and the name is somewhat weird...

http://celticowboy.com/Alphabet%20Soup.htm

• Like 1

thanks Jules and Slarti

That one's already been shown here years ago... and learn to use a search engine ;-) (hint: open Google, choose the specific images search engine then drag and drop your image in the search box... and voila, instant response)

Okay from what I have gathered this is the Ling Temco V-507 and was as stated Voughts attempt at the role the Tomcat eventually took... Just a mockup unfortunately...

Some Details here though I think the colour drawing is someones idea of what it would look like and the name is somewhat weird...

http://celticowboy.c...phabet Soup.htm

Great website !! This PW F100 engined Super V1000 looks very interesting to me, gonna play it for a try-out !!

Edited by Derk

(hint: open Google, choose the specific images search engine then drag and drop your image in the search box... and voila, instant response)

you learn something new every day... thus I proved I'm a caveman LOL

"Hey, I know where we can stick the Sidewinders. Bring the duct tape."

its all fun and games intil the back blast from the AIm-9s Kills the Jet-engine

its all fun and games intil the back blast from the AIm-9s Kills the Jet-engine

What about the F-8 and A-7 they had their sidewinders on the side of the fuselage too.

I think GAU-8 gas ingestion was the only noted problem I've heard of regarding weapons fire interfering with engines. Considering most missiles fall away from the airplane as they launch, the plane would have to be in a <1g dive for the plume to be ingested for more than a passing second.

Its not unherard of, British Army Apaches had issues firing hellfires after a filter was removed for weight savings, pretty sure early F-11's and F-104's had issues with gun gas ingestion as well.

Craig