Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Tony Scott died

The guy behing "Top Gun" and bunch of IMO better movies passed away. Or more precisely, jumped off a brigde...

RIP

Thanks Tony for some of the best movies... you will be missed

It's always the best who go first... a master disappears today. The Scott brothers are and will still remain my favorite directors.

His reasons concern nobody else than himself, relatives and close friends. But it's a sad loss for the others too...

It's been over 30 years since their brother died, and now Ridley has lost another in a totally avoidable scenario.

Evidently he had just received a medical report about a possible brain tumor. I understand the need to go his own way. RIP.

Last night state tv broadcasted Crimson Tide as a tribute... Hell, it was awesome

One of his best IMO. IIRC, it was the first of many, MANY films he made with Denzel Washington.

Also, I will say this: Compared to his brother Ridley, I like MORE of Tony's films (I've watched and enjoyed most of them) than I do Ridley's (who has films like White Squall and that Columbus one I just couldn't even make myself watch). Now when Ridley is good he blows Tony anyway, but Tony was far more consistent. Say Tony's films were almost always at least a "B" while Ridley would vaccilate from "A"s to "D"s. Pick a film from them at random and I was more likely to enjoy Tony's than Ridley's, even though some of Ridley's best I have on DVD and the only Tony one I have is Top Gun. Actually, I keep meaning to get Crimson Tide on Bluray, it was a great one.