Sheriff001

Left-hand side national markings not showing

The left-hand fuselage side national markings are not showing in any of my aircraft. I can get them to show if I change the left marking to "InsigniaFuseR" and reverse, it does show.

Here's the relevant part of decals.ini in one aircraft with the problem (the DLC Mirage IIIO)

[Decal001]

MeshName=fuselage_P

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=InsigniaFuseR

Position=3.16,-0.12

Rotation=0.0

Scale=1.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal002]

MeshName=fuselage_P

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=InsigniaFuseL

Position=3.16,-0.12

Rotation=0.0

Scale=1.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

Try to use only "insignia"

and add to one the line Reverse=TRUE

and figure out which side is the right one. ;-)

Are you using the same nation then the stock skins?

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Like 1

Try to use only "insignia"

and add to one the line Reverse=TRUE

and figure out which side is the right one. ;-)

Are you using the same nation then the stock skins?

I was using the same nation.

I used only "insignia", and reversed the left-hand side, it displayed perfectly. Then I removed the reversal, and it still displayed perfectly.

This issue is getting truly strange. I am not sure that the coding is really the problem. It happens on DLC, and mod aircraft. Besides, if it is the problem, then the solution is to manually recode every aircraft. I am going to check a few more aircraft just to be sure.

Update: I just tried a few stock aircraft that I've never used before. They do not have a problem.

I think it is a coding issue; I just ran into the same thing while trying to do implement custom USA roundels.

I couldn't find InsigniaFuseR, InsigniaLVBFuseR, InsigniaWingL, or any of the variations for nations 002-004 (USAF, USN, USMC) in the Object001.cat. It seems that the software is hard-coded to interpret these filentames using another file as source (e.g. insignia002.tga) for certain entries in NATIONS.INI (at least 002-004).

Bear in mind that any decal positioned on the left of center need a - before the co- ordinates.....eg, Position=-3.16,-0.12

Bear in mind that any decal positioned on the left of center need a - before the co- ordinates.....eg, Position=-3.16,-0.12

For Left/Right facing decals, only the roll/yaw axis coordinates should matter. Therefore , you should be able to use the same coordinates for both insignia. Those listed above are also the MirageIIIO coordinates as well, so that part is confirmed correct.

objectdata005.cat has the insignia, standard and loviz

New update: The problem appears to be restricted to the Royal Australian Air Force, and the Royal Australian Navy Fleet Air Arm.

objectdata005.cat has the insignia, standard and loviz

You're right, Wrench. I actually meant objectdata005, but was going off the top of my head.

You may notice that for USN/USMC respectively there are no decals for insignia003/004, insignialv003/004, or insigniawingr002/003/004, et al. I believe that the engine is hard-coded to interpret all insignia003/004 and derivatives to insignia002 (USAF).

I solved the problem.

I extracted ObjectData005, and found insignia038.tga and insigniar038.tga. I copied insignia038.tga into the Decals folder and renamed it insignial038.tga

Sheriff,

I had no problems at all doing this with RAAF roundels. Are you calling the default roundels, or are you copying files to your specific decals folder, then trying to call them as InsigniaWingR, et al?

Also, if you do call InsigniaWingR, et a, make sure they are listed as DecalLevel=0.

Default roundels. So far, I haven't touched the specific decals folders because the issue is affecting every Australian aircraft.

Here are the entries I'm using for my RAAF A-6Es:

[Decal001]
MeshName=fuselage_rear
DecalLevel=0
DecalFacing=RIGHT
FilenameFormat=InsigniaFuseR
Position=-6.20,0.50
Scale=1.0
DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal002]
MeshName=fuselage_rear
DecalLevel=0
DecalFacing=LEFT
FilenameFormat=InsigniaFuseL
Position=-6.20,0.50
Scale=1.0
DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal003]
MeshName=wing_left_outer
DecalLevel=0
DecalFacing=TOP
FilenameFormat=InsigniaWingL
Position=-5.64,-3.42
Rotation=20.0
Scale=1.0
DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal004]
MeshName=wing_right_outer
DecalLevel=0
DecalFacing=BOTTOM
FilenameFormat=InsigniaWingL
Position=5.64,-3.42
Rotation=20.0
Scale=1.0
DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal005]
MeshName=wing_left_outer
DecalLevel=0
DecalFacing=BOTTOM
FilenameFormat=InsigniaWingR
Position=-5.64,-3.42
Rotation=-20.0
Scale=1.0
DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal006]
MeshName=wing_right_outer
DecalLevel=0
DecalFacing=TOP
FilenameFormat=InsigniaWingR
Position=5.64,-3.42
Rotation=-20.0
Scale=1.0
DecalMaxLOD=3

I also have entries for InsigniaLVWingR, InsigniaLVBWingR, etc. All work just fine.

Hope this helps.

Edited by HomeFries