Wow, that will be a nice post-WWII plane in French livery!

I've been waiting this Beast for long, keep up the good work. I wonder what the FM will feel like compared to the Dauntless...

this is a first ,in the sence that im making it using a different modeling method I have been discussing in one of he 3d Max Forums.

looks like a -4, with Yagi antenna (4 blade prop, no spinner)

any thoughts of doing the -1 as as well (3 bladed prop, with spinner, 4 50cal in wing)?

i'm pming the Detail & Scale to you. I think it'll be of GREAT assistance!

looks like a -4, with Yagi antenna (4 blade prop, no spinner)

any thoughts of doing the -1 as as well (3 bladed prop, with spinner, 4 50cal in wing)?

i'm pming the Detail & Scale to you. I think it'll be of GREAT assistance!

Kev.

if its just a matter of adding a few more parts, i dont see why not

cutting control surfaces

post-11906-0-60315800-1345927193_thumb.jpg

moving right along Ed!!

is the nose really that long? looks like it matches the 3view.... been so long since i had the monogram 1/48th Helldiver....

can't wait to see the folding turtle deck! (maybe link it's fold, and rear guns deployment, to landing gear retraction? or a manual animation?? just ideas!)

moving right along Ed!!

is the nose really that long? looks like it matches the 3view.... been so long since i had the monogram 1/48th Helldiver....

can't wait to see the folding turtle deck! (maybe link it's fold, and rear guns deployment, to landing gear retraction? or a manual animation?? just ideas!)

Yep Im matching the 3-view..I just cut the cowl also you mean the thing just before the tail ?

post-11906-0-18770400-1346033900_thumb.jpg

yeah, the decking between the gunners station and the vert fin, callled the turtle deck. good closeups in the D&S book. folds down flat, level with the rear cockpt sill. (wich means the front of the fin will need a mesh to close it off

another idea (that will more than likely create more work for you ...) the rear canopy would be open all the time in flight, so the gunner can operate the twin 30s ... my thinking is as the turtle deck retracts, the canopy slides forward to locked position, and the guns deploy; linked to the gear. OTH, the rear canopy was always open during landing ops (easy excape for the gunner). Gonna take some thinking to figure that one out! (or conversly, the rear canopy is open all the time?)

front canopy could (ok, would) have a manual animation keystroke, likes been done for others.

yeah, the decking between the gunners station and the vert fin, callled the turtle deck. good closeups in the D&S book. folds down flat, level with the rear cockpt sill. (wich means the front of the fin will need a mesh to close it off

another idea (that will more than likely create more work for you ...) the rear canopy would be open all the time in flight, so the gunner can operate the twin 30s ... my thinking is as the turtle deck retracts, the canopy slides forward to locked position, and the guns deploy; linked to the gear. OTH, the rear canopy was always open during landing ops (easy excape for the gunner). Gonna take some thinking to figure that one out! (or conversly, the rear canopy is open all the time?)

front canopy could (ok, would) have a manual animation keystroke, likes been done for others.

If you look at the pic you will see that I already cut out the turtle neck and its ready to be animated. think the best is to have the front canopy open manualy ( shift+9 ) and the rear opening on takeoff..only problem I can think of is the machine gus are moving even when the canopy is closed

Prop done, For the engine, Im not sure if to just use a simple painted cylinder or build out in 3D ?

post-11906-0-63065700-1346074384_thumb.jpg

Terrific!!! I know it´s WIP, but the windscreen frames should be improoved a little - more straight and broader. Going veryyyy well!! Congrats!

Forget about my post... That´s realy AWESOME!!!!!

the turtle deck is damn near perfect!!!

the turtle deck is damn near perfect!!!

Still have to do more modding to it, like getting rid of that curve in the fuselage now that I cut the rear canopy out