Sign in to follow this  
SpinyNorman

Getting your Gunner to target balloons and ground objects?

Hi All,

Another Newbie question from me I'm afraid.... Is there any way to get your Gunner to detect and fire at balloons and ground objects?

Cheers

SpinyNorman

Thanks Whiteknight,

I suspected as much but just thought I'd ask!

I was looking around to see if AI Gunners were like ground objects and you could tell them to target either air or ground (but couldn't see that anywhere), so then you could maybe put an invisible '2nd Gunner' in the same place who only targets ground. But yeah I couldn't find that anywhere.

Thanks for the reply.

SpinyNorman.

unless something has changed in a newer patch it unfortunatly has been tried already. I think it's like that because originaly no 2 seaters were player aircraft and the code is based off of the original strike fighters. We have been asking TK from day one to allow turrets and gunners to attack ground targets but no luck so far.

Ummmm....sorry whiteknight, I havent been with this sim long enough to know yet, but, could ground objects be re-designated as aircraft and configured not to fly? IIRC correctly something like this was done with CFS2 and what was essentially an aircraft was actually a MG sports car, there was a motor bike too, that could be used to drive from airfield to airfield. You can taxi around the ground now in existing aircraft....

Cheers Grinseed

I think you might be able to but you'd have issues with them showing up in dogfights and "driving on oceans. in a scripted mission it mght be workable in some way but thats beyond my ability. maybe a way to make balloons as aircraft and have them recon only with no ability to move.takeoff would be an issue and yould prob have a few in formation right next to each other....I remember the ground vehicles in CFS2 and 3 they were a blast for something different.

yes, quite right. I slapped up that last post at 1am before going to bed, there was next to no thought behind it. This morning the problems of ground objects behaving like AI aircraft are more apparent.

Still, fanging about in a Rolls Royce, laying rubber in the main street of a local village in the middle of the night does hold some nostolgic attraction. 8D