Hi all,

I am having a heck of a time struggling with why my screenshots are not saving. No matter what directory I choose or format I select (.jpg, .bmp, etc.) the screenshot gets written out as 0kb and is basically corrupt. I thought someone else came across this, but I can't find that thread for some darn reason (of course when I need it). Any ideas/thoughts on how to fix would be most appreciated.

SS

Edited by swambast

Yeah I've seen this a few times to and it always happens when its like the best shot ever thinkin gawd cant wait to post that one and you go there and NO JOY!!!!

happens to me in a very verymodded installs from time to time too -then it's maybe like 10% of screes taken are saved, rest are too 0 kb, I think using fraps wasn't helping in such cases. Bummer indeed

You can still save screenshots by pressing the print screen button,opening clipboard, and copying to paint.

Never seen it - if you cut the mods folder out does it still happen in the stock game?

Guys, interestingly enough, this was driving me bonkers and I had to get it figured out. Stary, you alluded to something that I also thought was suspect! I also have FRAPS, but did not have it loading in the background/on start-up. However, I think it still runs as a service, so it appeared to be interfering with Thirdwire’s ability to take screenshots. In the end, the best solution that seems to work for me is to disable or remap the Thirdwire “Screenshot” key (I remapped it from the existing “Print Screen” key to the new “*” Key). Then, within FRAPS itself I re-assigned the “Take Screenshot” key to “Print SCRN.” All seems to work just fine now, thanks much to everyone and hopefully this may help others in the future as well.

hmm I was wondering if it has something to do with video memory/frame buffers being stressed?

Ok I'm wondering what screen capture program I can use to replace SF2 built in one it just is not working for me I'm sure It's because I have a very very modified install Ive tried AnologX's program that I used all the time back in the day for MSFS stuff but it is not working for SF2 the place it works is on the starting splash screen...

Have that only when I´m running (sh**y) SF2 NA....