Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

Avro Arrow - CF-105 Mark II

Avro Arrow - CF-105 Mark II

View File

This is the SF2 version of the CF-105 Mark II.

For SF2, SF2V,SF2E,and SF2I. It has not been tested with SF2NA.

Please refer to the included readme for instructions, credits, and operation/development notes.

Templates are included.

FastCargo

29 Aug 12

• Like 2

I am a "quiver" with anticipation for the what if skins this is sure to inspire! You hit a "bullseye" with this one.

Thank you very much FC. Superb as always. Cheers.

Edited by Atreides

Thanks man!!! for all what if lovers :

http://kaap.purplegl.../arrow_mk1.html

That's a good link - cheers!

Big thanks to FastCargo for bringing this to Strike Fighters. I'd imagine it means as much to the Canadians as Bongodriver's TSR.2 meant to me and my fellow Brits.

Brillant ! But...

Animations are screwed up because GroupAnimation doesn't seem to work the way you think.

From testing GroupAnimation ONLY works IF all stations members of the group use the same animation AND are loaded, otherwise the GroupAnimation statement is ignored (I've confirmed that with the Arrow having both missiles and bombs loaded and working, and the Lightning only having one rocket pack loaded and failing to work).

Here since you load either the missiles or the bombs, GroupAnimation is ignored and thus, the animation being declared last for bombs, it's completely ignored when missiles are loaded and they shoot through the plane.

So to make it work it's either back to duplicating animations or getting rid of the bombs (I haven't tested changing the bomb bays to manual bomb animation).

Edited by Gunrunner

Changing them to manual works only for your aircraft...the AIs will shoot through the doors.

Okay, here's a hotfix for those who have downloaded the Arrow already:

CF-105_Hotfix.7z

This includes new data and loadout.inis. It solves the problem by deleting the A2G capability of the internal weapons bay.

There may be other options...the easiest conceptually is to increase the restriction in load, length, and diameter to allow mounting of bombs and missiles in the same weapon station. The problem of course is the bay is only so tall...it has to make room for the intake tunnels.

The more difficult option is to try to find additional animation slots...however, all of the available ones are currently being used. Any additional slots dedicated to the bomb bay will mean something else has to be let go. I might be able to recover one slot by combining the Falcon missile bays...which means there won't be any 'mix and matching' of weapons in that bay...which isn't how the aircraft would have operated...

It may simply mean the current Mark II Arrow will have only very rudimentary A2G capability.

FC

• Like 1

I've seen that site before, some interesting concepts, though there is a mistake folks make in looking at the Mark I and transferring the profile to other Marks.

The Mark I and II Arrows were built for different reasons. The Mark I was the aerodynamic validation model, and as such, did not have a radar installed. Because of this, the nose profile is thinner and more conical. Also, the rear end was slightly thinner overall because of the smaller J75s. The Mark II was supposed to be the more definitive production Arrow, with the proper nose profile for the radar, installed defensive avionics suite, and slightly bulker tail for the Orenda engines.

I've been thinking about the various what ifs floating around of follow-on Arrows, and have come to some of my own conclusions on what would have happened had the Arrow been produced.

FC

I'd like to know them! I have also tried to figure out some export possibilities (including a Bundeswehr option as you can imagine, but I am open for everything). I guess this bird is rather for countries with a huge air space to cover...

Second Hotfix, posted by KJakker:

CF-105_Hotfix_Mod.7z

Replaces the data.ini. Changes WeaponGroups slightly:

Group 1 - Large AAMs (Can't use Group 2 or 3)

Group 2 - Forward Falcon Bay (Can't use Group 1)

Group 3 - Aft Falcon Bay (Can't use Group 1)

Group 4 - External Center Pylon

This allows you to user select the missile mix if you decide to use Falcons (ie half SARMs, half IRMs, etc).

FC

Can't test this rascal out for another 10 hours, but I shipped it home for after work, and can't wait!

I'll have to get some screenies and post some gloat shots for a Canuckistanian friend of mine.

I'd anticipate him being in the 3rd wire fols by the weekend!

From what I can see in the ZIP, it looks to be another high quality job by a dedicated individual.

Many thanks for the long hours spent on a highly anticipated project, FastCargo...

Version 1.01 released...hotfix incorporated into release. If you have already done this yourself, you do not need to download version 1.01.

FC