Okay, I'm hoping folks can answer a question for me...

I'm trying to get one decal to show up twice on the same mesh pointing in the same direction at the same DecalLevel. But nothing I do seems to make it work.

I know you can have more than one DecalLevel on the same mesh facing the same direction (the Arrow I just released does this for the tail and intake insignia/serial numbers).

I know you can have same the same decal at the same DecalLevel facing different directions on the same mesh.

I know there are limits to the amount of decals on the same mesh or total amount of decals overall.

I'm well within all those limits.

Here's an entry example for both decals

[Decal007]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=SF-21E\1STPSQ\D\SF21BodyNum

Position=0.99, 0.51

Rotation=90.0

Scale=1.00

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal008]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=SF-21E\1STPSQ\D\SF21BodyNum

Position=-0.99, 0.51

Rotation=-90.0

Scale=1.00

DecalMaxLOD=3

Is there something I'm missing?

FC

Is the game selecting a number outside of the range of the numbers list? Best controlled by adding this to the textureset.ini

DecalNumberRandomize=TRUE

DecalNumberStart=0

DecalNumberEnd=11

DecalNumberBlockSize=12

Nope, it's selecting the proper decals (I use those entries in all my projects now ... has virtually eliminated the 'blank aircraft' issue).

Is there a 'mirror decal' entry that can be used?

Oh, and let me clarify..one of the entries always shows up, just not the other...in this case, the second entry is the one that works.

FC

Mirror, you mean like... Reverse=TRUE ?

However, I still can't visualize what you're trying to do... maybe something more concrete would bring other suggestions.

Edited by Gunrunner

If you dont use the second entry, does the first show up then ?

Is one of the other Decal entries using the name [Decal007] further up the entry list?

as in you have

[Decal001]

[Decal002]

[Decal007]

[Decal003]

[Decal004]

[Decal005]

[Decal006]

[Decal007]

[Decal008] etc

as that would cause the 2nd [Decal007] not to show up? (had this earlier this week and it drove me barmy until I found it as the 2nd Entry was perfect but wouldn't show-up.)

Edited by ianh755

Okay, here's a pic:

img00001.JPG

Basically, I'm trying to get that red '11' you see there to also show on the right part of the fuselage, basically symmetrical but mirrored.

FC

Well, huh. I just got it to work by using a different serial number file. Maybe it just needs to be a differently named file...

FC

Well, heck, that's all it took...just make duplicates of the decals with a slightly different name...

img00002.JPG

Hmmm..this solves a similar problem with another aircraft too.

FC

kinda what I did with the Flying Flapjack, but with the same decal. Or some some RAF ww2 skins, with R/L call letters.

As long as you've got a mesh to use, Num***R and Num***L works fine.

but... Rebel Alliance???

it's really wild looking, and I love it!! :biggrin::cool:

Edited by Wrench

Hi,

I also have some problems with number decals...

What I have,

numbers from 01 - 99 in files, named xxx000 to xxx 98.

I added three more, now I have numbers from 01 to 102 in the numbers.lst and files from xxx000 to xxx101. They are both in a subdir within Decals...

I tried to limit the game from dropping numbers from 01-09... at first I deleted those numbers from 01-09 from the list... that did not help. then I added those particular lines to the textureset.ini, but it still gives out random numbers from 01... it drives me crazy.

What I want to achieve, is

Plane 1 to use numbers from 10-59

Plane 2 with skin A to use numbers from 60-99

Plane 2 with skin B to use number from 60-102

I can't just delete numbers because they are in a common folder... Also it would be ackward to copy all numbers to every plane separately into each skin folder ....

What am I doing wrong? (

DecalNumberBlockSize=25

DecalNumberStart=24

DecalNumberEnd=49

have you tried that?

[TextureSet]

Name=Soviet Pacific Fleet

Nation=Soviet

StartDefaultDate=1

Specular=1.000000

Glossiness=0.500000

Reflection=0.800000

DecalNumberBlockSize=90

DecalNumberStart=10

DecalNumberEnd=99

numbers list is from 10-99

The mission generator gives me numbers from 20 -99 (!!) as available numbers. But whatever I set to myself or other individual planes, will be ignored. The game assign random numbers in the loadout screen, but after I start the mission I get planes with different numbers from all over the range.

[TextureSet]

Name=Soviet Navy Grey

Nation=Soviet

StartDefaultDate=1

Specular=0.400000

Glossiness=0.200000

Reflection=0.250000

DecalNumberBlockSize=72

DecalNumberStart=30

DecalNumberEnd=102

list is from 30-102

This setting does not work at all. the loadout screen gives me the choice between 60-102, but again, when the mission starts the numbers are randomly given from all the range, regardless of numbers.lst or textureset.ini ....

If I disable randomization... set to FALSE it seems it does not work. I cannot set a specied number at all. It seem the game is disregarding all number settings in textureset.ini

don't forget, the skin's number list MUST match the numbers called (49-99, or whatever)

Or...

make specific sets for each skin; this has been discussed in the past (daddyairplanes squadron thread, iirc), with the numbering in regular sequence.

a lot of odd glitches have started presenting themselves of late

Edited by Wrench

DAMNIT... I was stupid!!!!

I mutilated the numbers.lst file which was a great mistake!! Well I have files from 000-102 if I edit the numbers list (wich tells the game how many files I have) to have numbers from 30-102 ... that ruins the number sequence. No wonder I always got the number 71 when I asked for 100!!. and the game was not stupid, I ordered to show numbers from 30 - 102, that means the game shows numbers from the 30th file from the list. So I got 60-102 numbers in the editor!! but the files were shifted by the list, so I got xx -30 for actual decal number shown.... huh

So numbers.lst has to have the same number of lines that matches the number of files. Unless the files will not match. It does not matter what is written there, it can be a string, as I seen in the Falklands mod on Harriers... the text in this file, I assume is only for display purposes in the game menu.

filename numbers.lst

-------------------------

thing000 IzeA01

thing001 IzeB01

thing002 IzeC01

.... .....

thingxxx IzeZ01

So as I noticed, DecalNumberStart=001 in this case should display the file 001 from decal group set as FileFormat=thing

in the game pulldown menu this file is referred IzeB01 (and if the graphics show that text) it should appear on the plane...

Correct me if I'm wrong... :punish: