Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Anyone Got Combined Arms?

I have it and talk about a new level of playing the DCS series. Going to need to get CB34 over here to teach me how to be a tanker.

worth it I presume Dave? More than P-51D of course..?

I never thought playing a SAM vehicle would be so cool. I was the M48 Chaparral and shot down a KA-27.....

Clipboard01.jpg

reminds me my OFP helis hunting with RPGs... man memories!

I've not tried the Chap yet, but I've played as a tank and an arty piece. I'm not sure how to work the arty right yet, frankly, because its sights are only good WVR and arty is best BVR!

It's still beta and a bit rough around the edges, but it IS fun. The first thing I hope they fix (purely for immersion) is the lack of acceleration/decel. Your vehicle is at a stop, it's now going 10km/h, it's stopped. Doesn't really change how it plays, as I said it's purely aesthetic.

I really need to spend more time with all the DCS stuff, though.

is Combined Arms freeware now? I have it without that $ icon on main screen but it asks for key during any A-10 or Su-25 mission loading

No its not freeware. It means you have it installed and that's it.

thought so, will consider buying it... haven't been in a decent tank since well... PESE days

Yes, I do NOT recommend DL and installing a module you don't plan on buying or you WILL get that message forever.

I DL'd and installed BS2, A-10C, and CA (I already owned BS2 and A-10C) but I was planning on waiting a bit till I bought CA. However, once the stupid thing was always popping up on me, and since I WAS going to get it anyway, I caved and bought it then.

I think I DL'd the P-51 module, but since I'm not planning on getting it right now I'm glad I waited to install it.