Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Upcoming DLC skins

It's good to see the F-4 Euro scheme making a comeback (even if it isn't free )

post-29988-0-69206200-1346154278_thumb.jpg

A nice addition to this would be a similar scheme for the late A-7Ds

Oh nooo, not again only skins....

Another DLC I won´t get....

• Like 1

If it's what gets the money in so that he can get the Mirage F.1 out, so be it... I'll even buy it... but hey, I have more money than sense or taste...

We wan't the F1!There are already a load of skin packs featuring the euro scheme.I wonder if this DLC will include skins for Iranian phantoms?(Though we have those too).

next will be BOB era skin for P-51D and Jerry camo for C-47, worry be not :tongue:

Another skins DLC? Computer says no

I was actually thinking a couple days ago that I missed the WoE Euro Camo for the F-4's. If I get any skinpacks, this might be one of them. But that's a big if...

Have any of the other skin packs included updates to campaigns to utilize the skins?

Edited by malibu43

I think the DLC skin packs have been very good value and I'll definitely be getting this one.

I was actually thinking a couple days ago that I missed the WoE Euro Camo for the F-4's. If I get any skinpacks, this might be one of them. But that's a big if...

Have any of the other skin packs included updates to campaigns to utilize the skins?

Don't think so - I just altered Sundowners F-4D/E Euro skins (Tails only) to be generic skins

Its unlikely the DLC skins will be as good as Sundowners - which are 2048x2048 and more detailed - but as said many times the DLCs are not really for modders - although there may be some other schemes in the pack you may want.

Edited by MigBuster

Hmm. I extracted the Euro skin from WOE and have been using it, but it's not as hi-res as the newer skins. Depending on what else is in this pack, I'll likely get it.

if its the same price as the Navy skins i'll likely get it. then i'll prob think on how Sundowners skins with my own decals are better but hey its a better use of 3 bucks than a cheeseburger or smokes......

edit just looked at the pics on TW site. Euro 1 is toooooo defined as per most photos ever taken of that paintjob, while Hill 2 is not defined enough again as every photo i can recall seeing......

Edited by daddyairplanes

I think another issue is that really there's not may skinners around OR people who don't want to take the time to do the skins. For some it's easier (and cheaper) to spend 2.99 and hope to get the skin, rather than spend 70-800 dollars for Photoshop, or even 99 bucks for Photoshop Elements, or a different program. Of course there is GIMP, but again, why waste the time when you can download and fly?

• Like 1