Since i think making pits might be one of the most interesting parts of this game, i would like to venture myself in doing one, i have in my mind Tu-95, Tu-22 Badger/Backfire, and some others, i may not be launching one till who knows when but, please pit builders give me a hand:)

I have Max, haven't installed, and guess to learn to model stuff but somehow i'm tired of using the same cockpits, when you can create your own, i used to create mine with scale models but this is completely different, in other words a really cold start, do you still want to help me?

no problem as soon as you have installed your max lett me know , what version do you use i use 3ds max 2009

i can send you all the cockpit files i have so you get an idea how it works and if you need help you get it

First and foremost you need a good drawing of the pit you are going to make, either some kind of (preferably) high res diagram or a drawing from a manual(usually foldout section in the NATOPS manuals for example)...

Edited by Brain32

Oh yeah coffee and in my case still(unfortunately) cigarettes :drag:

Also those moments after you get into it and learn more and more when you realize how unnecessarily hard and complicated were some of your own techniques before you learned the easier way :shout:

I vowed to never do a cockpit again after I built one for the T-38A...about gouged my eyes out after that.

Though, to be fair, my 3d and mapping skills have improved dramatically since then, and I did do some tweaking on that F-15C cockpit that turned out pretty good.

FC

Well i like that stuff and hope i can do a fair job with pits too, maybe someday i can build my first complete aircraft, but i guess i'm lightyears from it, so expect, at least one attempt at the end of this year, wanna try a hard one to get the others more easily, what do you guys say?

As a side note, i'm good at drinking coffe and never tried a smoke :D

Edited by FLOGGER23