Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Out Files for 3rd Wire SF2 Aircraft

Are the Out Files for 3rd Wire SF2 Aircraft available or are they locked in an LOD?

I've searched my cat files and haven't found any.

I'm looking to re-decal the SF2 Lightning 1 but need to identify some meshes not used on some of the available skins.

So much for that idea.

Thanks.

Each aircraft data.ini has lots of body parts listed... Found the P-51 "nose" that way.... :)

and, if one has archived pre-lock lods (pre Jan 2012), a hex editor that reads UNICODE helps; as long as one thinks llike an aircraft designer.

You can 'find' a mesh name with diligent searching

right click LOD and open with a Hex Editor.... oh wait... we cant do that either... with the new aircraft.

lucky for me I'm plowing through TWs DLLs...... And the Possibility to change teh data that's displayed when Debug mode is enabled.

Open INI, Enabled Debug Mode, F6 View, then F12, Then place the Debug Mode "X" over the mesh, can you say "Targeted Mesh = <Meshname>"

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

right click LOD and open with a Hex Editor.... oh wait... we cant do that either... with the new aircraft.

lucky for me I'm plowing through TWs DLLs...... And the Possibility to change teh data that's displayed when Debug mode is enabled.

Open INI, Enabled Debug Mode, F6 View, then F12, Then place the Debug Mode "X" over the mesh, can you say "Targeted Mesh = <Meshname>"

Hello,

Many thanks SkateZilla! :drinks:

So I'm trying your way but I can't read this "Targeted Mesh = <Meshname"... I have plenty of other informations. I must forget something! :focus:

For example with the DLC Mirage IIIO, I would like to know the meshname of the fuselage antenna.

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

i havent gotten it to work yet.,

however everything I've found in current DLLs points to a HUD.DLL which isnt found (so its locked / hidden in new cats.

but im playing around with replacing some value strings in the HUDTEXT with values Im finding in the DLLs for GFX Engine and Flight Engine, So far I was Able to Replace the Polygons Field on the Debug Data with Material Name and stuff like that.

There's a lot of stuff in some of these DLLs that I havent seen in previous versions (Dec2011)

IF TW Cared He'd Add this/Enable it, or tell us what exactly to Put in the HUD Text INI to display the Mesh Name correctly, perhaps I should Ask Him About it.

The Concept:

post-182-0-50586300-1346205198_thumb.jpg

or photobucket:

th_img00110-b.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Ok SkateZilla,

I understand now, for the TK Mirage IIIO... this is hidden! Grrrrrrrrrrr... :ph34r:

Best regards,

Coupi.