Flyby PC

OT - WW2 Bomb in Munich.

The geniuses used bales of straw to dampen the power of the explosion.

Windows got shattered, the bales caught fire and got blown into some houses.

Some burnt half down. Damage costs: over a million.

And they can't even really blame the Allies for this!

If only the allies had known to wrap the bombs in straw, the war could have been over by '43!

• Like 1

Yeah, instead of "Flying Fortresses" they could have used "Flying Barns" full of bombs in bales of straw.

Farm workers instead of bomber crews would have thrown them out of the barn - aerh... bomb doors

using big hay forks. In the rear fuselage they could have had hens, to supply them with fresh eggs,

which they could have boiled or fried in the navigator's little cabin.

They could have had one or two pigs, for the bacon, and - aerh... - ah - ... - forget the thought...

Edited by Olham

Ah! I really wondered. I saw the cloud of glowing sparks and scratched my head for what it was. I presumed it must have been some kind of incentiary components in the bomb.

Thing is, that explosion was 1 bomb. Not so long ago these fell like rain. We don't know how lucky we are.

When you see an explosion like that it makes it easy to understand why so many leading military minds of the 1920s and 1930s believed that modern wars could be decided simply by bombing enemy cities back to the Stone Age. It came as a surprise to many during WW2 that it wasn't as simple as that. People in most countries just kept fighting even though their cities and towns were under constant bomber attacks.

If only the allies had known to wrap the bombs in straw, the war could have been over by '43!

I just wet my pants!!!

When you see an explosion like that it makes it easy to understand why so many leading military minds of the 1920s and 1930s believed that modern wars could be decided simply by bombing enemy cities back to the Stone Age. It came as a surprise to many during WW2 that it wasn't as simple as that. People in most countries just kept fighting even though their cities and towns were under constant bomber attacks.

Yes, and it took quite a while for them to realise

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Ka.

Ka who?

KA BOOM!