Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

SF2(NA) WW2 PTO Naval Units

SF2(NA) WW2 PTO Naval Units

WW2 PTO Naval Units

-- Something for the PTO players --

= For SF2, Full-5 Merged (ONLY) =

*Note: in particular, these are designed for use in a WW2 PTO mods folder built =FROM= the SF2NA.exe. No others seem to have whatever coding is needed (at least in my testing) for proper CVBG formation. Be advised, it will absolutely =NOT= work in 1stGens.*

Most of these ships are mods of Hinchbrooks's or Geo's, reflagged and slightly tweeked. Some you may have already, as they've been used on several terrain mods of mine for The Pacific War ™. These will replace them.

Also included is Grinch's original Fletcher DD, that causes NO seizures in SF2/SF2NA.

I'm no Naval Archetiect, so "those that know", please make any needed corrections and upload!

When discoverable, armor values reflect Real Life ™. Names lists have been created for all.

REMINDER: if you have these ships already, you may want to back up the originals, as this pack WILL completly replace/overwrite them!!!!

REMEMBER: For the most part, these are "stand in" ships!!! and may not reflect the full capabilities of their Real Life ™ counterparts. (Or, in some cases, even look like them) Unless otherwise indicated, all ships were originally created by Hinchbrook a loooooooong time ago.

This pack contains naval units for the US Navy, Royal Navy (BPF) and Imperial Japanese Navy.

Essex Class CV (SCB-125) - by 3W; stock carrier. Yes, I know it's the wrong deck shape. This Modded data.ini allows for WW2 usage -IT HAS NO DEFENSIVE ARMAMENTS!!!-and -THAT- needs fixing!!!

Akakazie class DD - total stand in! based on Geo' Kriegsmarine DD

Nagara Class CL - mod of Hinch' Foch

Unryu Class CV - mod of HMS Eagle

Zuiho Class CV - tweeked version of Hinch's orginal

Ise class BB - from HInch

Fuso class BB - from Hinch

Nagato Class BB - HInch

Fletcher Classs DD - Grinch's original release, with some SF2NA tweeks. Does =NOT= cause game to lock/crash. Useable in all eras.

Cleveland Class CA - "CL-83" from KAW mod, by YeYe (iirc)

Atlanta Class CL - from KAW mod, by YeYe (iirc)

New Orleans CA (aka 'Astoria')

Enterprise6 - ???? (aka: Yorktown Class CV) from the original PTO WW2 terrains releases

Indepencence Class CVL (mod of Zuhio)

Casablanca Class CVE (Hinchs' MAC)

Benson class DD (USN_DD)

New York Class (Texas)

Nevada Class BB

Tenessee Class BB

HMS Victorious CV

Renown Class BB (aka: "Repulse")

Tribal Class DD (rebuilt from Daring)

Leander/Dido class CL - rebuilt from Foch

Make sure you have the WW2 Nations ini that includes the IJN. It's available at the following URL:

http://combatace.com/files/file/13095-ww2-nations-formations-inis/

It should be noted at this time, I am NOT a Naval Archeitect, and pretty much all these ships need SOMEBODY to go through them and add the 2ndary and Tertiary AAA batteries - expecially the Cruisers, Battleships, and stand-in Destroyers.

Included are the ships sounds wavs, and my SoundList.ini. If you have an extracted soundlist, just edit your existing one to add the 2 sounds.

It's also advisable to have the WW2 Guns pak, as it includes the Naval Artillery. It's available at the following URL:

http://combatace.com/files/file/13268-guns-pak-for-ww2-mods-folders/

However, some new guns ARE included for the RN boats (by YeYe).

Some terrain mods that allow for CVBG usage will be released as soon as I finish testing, and making sure all the original defects (unflattened airfields, etc) are corrected.

As always, fairly easy to follow, detailed install instructions are included. So, please read them. Also, give the "Notes" section a read too. Where possible, and if I still had them, original readmes are included.

Reminder: a lot of these vessels are really old (2004/05), and therefore do NOT have multiple main gun installations or secondary/tertiary batteries; those that do, have been jiggered into being, and =DO= need further tweeking. Due to their age, "they are as they are". Of course, if someone wants to build new ones.....<grin>

Calm Winds, and Following Seas!

With thanks to ALL our Shipbuilders!!

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 2

AAAAAAwesome!

very! :groupwave:

a reminder, the Cleveland and Atlanta's should also be useable through early/mid 50s

i also forgot to include the Cavailier updated; that'll be along shortly! (also usable through the 1950-70s)

Edited by Wrench

here's a fix for something I missed:

open the CVE data ini (Casablanca class), scroll down to Cat1, and replace the existing LaunchTime= with the one below....

LaunchTime=3.0

was too slow. this may be too fast, but gets Wildcats up to speed so they can fly better

Hello,

I'm building an WW2 PTO install with your mods!

Many many thanks Kevin... :good:

Coupi.