Sign in to follow this  
DarthRevan

anyone working on updating Operation Darius?

Anyone working or know that anyone working on update Operation Darius? I'm asking because Operation Darius needs to be updated to latest standard i.e RAF Tornado needs update on the loadout & It seems like the SAM/AAA is too effective I can't even reach the target before I get shotdown by SAM/AAA I can't remember having any trouble with that before the latest patches. Also the carrier ops need updating.

didn't TK change (yet again) SAM effectivness in the last patch?

Targeting wise, the original release is quite correct -- SAMs are placed where they actually exist.

terrain isssues are caused by people other than me ... it was fine on the original release. The way the map is set up, the NAstyle "carrier zone" really can't exist, as there's no room for it down near Bahrain (where it would actually be) due to proximity to THE WALL.

No CVBG commander worth his stars is gonna pin his boats at the top of the Gulf, surrounded on 3 sides by land, in shallow waters and no sea room

DarthRaven:

An updated version of OpDarius is being released very soon. It will bring the mod up to SF2NA standards and provide updates or upgrades to almost all the aircraft.

Wrench:

He didn't say anything about terrain issues. In fact, there were terrain issues in the original release, which you yourself admitted having seen -- i.e., missiles not showing up on Red-side SAM launchers because the terrain was overloaded with launchers and because the Blue-side SAM sites were front-loaded in the TARGETS.INI, effectively neutering the SAM threat.

That problem was largely FIXED in the re-release by reducing the number of the launchers and front-loading the Red-side SAM sites in the TARGETS.INI.

In any case, the updated version should be out in a few days.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By PleasantStorm

View File SF2_OpDarius_2022_F35_401TFG.zip
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group F-35 Lightning II Mod 
      This mod requires Strike Fighters 2 and a working installation of
      the Operation Darius Mod available at the Combat Ace website:
      Strike Fighters 2
      https://www.thirdwire.com
      Combat Ace
      https://www.combatace.com
      Direct Link to Operation Darius
      https://combatace.com/forums/topic/74627-operation-darius-final-part-1-of-4/

What Is It?
      This is a mod for Strike Fighters 2 and Operation Darius that adds the
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group to the squadron choices when flying
      the Operation Darius campaign. The original Operation Darius was limited
      to the CF18 as the Canadian Forces multi-role fighter.
      This mod adds the recently acquired F-35 Lightning II to Single Missions and
      the Operation Darius Campaign for Canadian Forces. Canada, having recently
      procured a number of F-35 jets for their fleet are replacing the aging CF18s
      with the stealth and tactically aware F-35A Lightning II.
      If you're a fan of this sim and the Lockheed-Martin jet, then this is your
      chance to try it if you'd prefer to play as the Canadians.

What's Included?
      I've included textures with proper Canadian markings, including the official
      401 Tactical Fighter Group's own patch on the tail fins. These are simply 
      modded textures of one of the other squadrons texture packs, which were
      crafted by the Operation Darius team. 
      I simply used their work and composited the 401 Patch and the appropriate
      Canadian insignias on the wings, tail and fuselage. I've included the
      original Photoshop layered files in case you want to alter the positioning
      of the "Canadian" elements on the textures.

Installation:
      Simply copy the two folders: Campaigns and Objects to your Operation Darius
      mod directory which is located at:
      WinXP or earlier:
      .\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10/Win11
      .\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

where [OpDarius] is the name of the folder where you chose to install Operation Darius.
      When you do, it should asked if you want to a bunch of files replaces, just replace all and have done with it and once they're done copying, you should be ready to go.

Thank you to the Combat Ace website, Thirdwire and to the Operation Darius team for making such a great
      addon for an already awesome jet simulator/trainer. Thank you to the Government of Canada for
      making the decision to upgrade our aging fleet of DEW line tasked multi-role fighters with the
      now mature F-35A, and of course Lockheed-Martin for such an awesome aircraft.
      Special thanks to the Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group.

Shameless Plug
      I will post this file archive on Combat Ace, but also this file may be freely downloaded directly
      from my own Shhhh! Digital Media website at https://www.shhhhdigital.ca under 
      the software section.

Disclaimer
      These files are shared as is and the creators and file hosts of these files claims no responsibility for any damages incurred from copying them or using them. They have been thoroughly scanned for malware and viruses but no warranty is offered for their use. By downloading and using these files, you are agreeing to the terms indicated in this readme.txt file.
      Submitter PleasantStorm Submitted 05/19/2022 Category Other Origin  
    • By PleasantStorm
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group F-35 Lightning II Mod 
      This mod requires Strike Fighters 2 and a working installation of
      the Operation Darius Mod available at the Combat Ace website:
      Strike Fighters 2
      https://www.thirdwire.com
      Combat Ace
      https://www.combatace.com
      Direct Link to Operation Darius
      https://combatace.com/forums/topic/74627-operation-darius-final-part-1-of-4/

What Is It?
      This is a mod for Strike Fighters 2 and Operation Darius that adds the
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group to the squadron choices when flying
      the Operation Darius campaign. The original Operation Darius was limited
      to the CF18 as the Canadian Forces multi-role fighter.
      This mod adds the recently acquired F-35 Lightning II to Single Missions and
      the Operation Darius Campaign for Canadian Forces. Canada, having recently
      procured a number of F-35 jets for their fleet are replacing the aging CF18s
      with the stealth and tactically aware F-35A Lightning II.
      If you're a fan of this sim and the Lockheed-Martin jet, then this is your
      chance to try it if you'd prefer to play as the Canadians.

What's Included?
      I've included textures with proper Canadian markings, including the official
      401 Tactical Fighter Group's own patch on the tail fins. These are simply 
      modded textures of one of the other squadrons texture packs, which were
      crafted by the Operation Darius team. 
      I simply used their work and composited the 401 Patch and the appropriate
      Canadian insignias on the wings, tail and fuselage. I've included the
      original Photoshop layered files in case you want to alter the positioning
      of the "Canadian" elements on the textures.

Installation:
      Simply copy the two folders: Campaigns and Objects to your Operation Darius
      mod directory which is located at:
      WinXP or earlier:
      .\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10/Win11
      .\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

where [OpDarius] is the name of the folder where you chose to install Operation Darius.
      When you do, it should asked if you want to a bunch of files replaces, just replace all and have done with it and once they're done copying, you should be ready to go.

Thank you to the Combat Ace website, Thirdwire and to the Operation Darius team for making such a great
      addon for an already awesome jet simulator/trainer. Thank you to the Government of Canada for
      making the decision to upgrade our aging fleet of DEW line tasked multi-role fighters with the
      now mature F-35A, and of course Lockheed-Martin for such an awesome aircraft.
      Special thanks to the Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group.

Shameless Plug
      I will post this file archive on Combat Ace, but also this file may be freely downloaded directly
      from my own Shhhh! Digital Media website at https://www.shhhhdigital.ca under 
      the software section.

Disclaimer
      These files are shared as is and the creators and file hosts of these files claims no responsibility for any damages incurred from copying them or using them. They have been thoroughly scanned for malware and viruses but no warranty is offered for their use. By downloading and using these files, you are agreeing to the terms indicated in this readme.txt file.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..