Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

SF2 WW2 PTO - F4F Wildcats and SBD Dauntless

SF2 WW2 PTO - F4F Wildcats and SBD Dauntless

SF2 WW2 F4F-3/4 Wildcat, SBD-3/5 Dauntless

-- Something for the PTO players --

= For SF2, Full-5 Merged (Reccomended/Preferred) =

*There is a possibility that this mod will =NOT= work in SF/Wo* 1stGen game installs, due to the

excessive modifications made to fit them into the SF2 environment.*

This is a compilation of all my work for Wolf's SBD Dauntless and Pasko's F4F Wildcat. It is

designed to replace ALL the previously released versions. So, be advised.

There are 5 aircraft in this pak:

F4F-3 (pre- and early war)

F4F-4 (early war to mid-43

FM-2 (mid to late war -this is a stand in aircraft, based on the -4)

SBD-3 (pre and early war, to mid-43 -includes RNZAF skin)

SBD-5 (mid war, tri-color)

and ???? a surprise!

All have semi-compliant SF2 Flight Models, but they REALLLLLLY do need further fine tuning by

experts. All lighting on all aircraft is 100% historically correct. All are carrier capable, with

the SF2NA statments for those (ok, 2) aircraft with folding wings

Use Shift/0 to open the window, and Shift/9 to fold the wings -Wilcat ONLY!

All skins are in jpg format, and decal randomization is set to TRUE. I've tried, as best as

possible, to use the 'StartDefaultDate' on all skins to limit the availability for pre-War markings

from those that came into being post-January, 1942. The -4 'cats have skins that start 1/42, and

the Dauntless has the same pre and post 1/42 starts. Hopefully, they will work as they should.

Userlists are included for all aircraft, as being 'exported' means USN, USMC, and in the SBD-3's

case, RNZAF.SF2 versions of the old 'box art' Hangars are included for those that had them.

Sounds, weapons are included. Also, for you enjoyment, a never-before-released-to-the-public

"Surprise" aircraft. Yes, its a total stand-in, and dosen't really even look like what it

represents, but ... you can have to fun with it (flying for the Red Side, that is, attacking it.)

As always, fairly easy to follow, highly detailed install instructions are included. So, please

read them. Also, give the "Notes" section a read too.

All readmes from the original releases, and re-releases, are included where discoverable from the

archives.

Happy Hunting!

wrench

kevin stein

now that's a suprise aircraft! I don't thik I've seen it in any other WW2 mod at all!

I agree; quite the suprise. Makes me wish I had a WW2 installation set up; and I do not :)

aside from it being uttery craptastic!! :biggrin: In the readme for, I enumerate all the differences (and the other skin is the USS Ranger in the Atlantic)

compare the hangar and loading screen images with the 'in game' model. considering it was used in combat only one time...

truely, exceptionally courageous men

out of couriosity, for those that have the DAT Devestator, would there in any interest in a skin/ini pak for that? My Midway Devestator skins are 100% historicaly correct; right down to matching Modex and BuNums. I sent them to Capun a long time ago, but don't think they ever got posted there

Edited by Wrench

surely!