Hello

I have a problem with recent Turkish F-16D B50+. I want to make a new skin for it and I can't find the graphic file responsible for the nose. I try to repaint the part of the F16-001.jpg file, but the nose is still grey. Any ideas? Here's the part of F16-001.jpg that I repainted (marked with a red circle). I think that it's correct.

2yvp308.jpg

Make a layer with coulred squares or similar and save ,then check in game what colour the radome is compared to the squares or whatever you used shows.

i just check but all my vipers are mapped with the radome to the texture F16_001 , i just send a pm to JAT if he changed the mapping prior to the release but i dont think so

what you can try is make a capoy of each texture and assign to each of it a bright color , this way you could easily see if the radome is mapped to an other texture

Edited by ravenclaw_007

looks like its just got a 3ds max colour assigned to radome..the areas on the texture 001 is just the lines on the radome,if u look at the colour of the Radome,in the D it isnt on any texture for the D.

Radome [396 polys, 1188 verts (decal)] 'Material #38'

I think he forgot to map the radome itself.

Edited by russouk2004

nope the radome is mapped that is realy funny , i checked the radome and it calls for the F16_001 texture

i dont know what is wrong here but i will find it

I painted all the F-16D B50+. jpegs blue except 2 you see and this proves its not mapped,the radome I mean.

post-1981-0-62193600-1346512690_thumb.jpg

believe me it is mapped i did it my self because the complete nose is my work :grin:

post-15260-0-09192100-1346521738_thumb.jpg

and i can change the color of any radome as well i only dont have the latest max file of the F-16D_Blk50+_tur they are with JAT and he is out for the weekend , i only can think of that something went wrong by copy and merge from an other max file and that we simply have to reassign the texture to the radome

as you can see on the F-16C_Blk50+_tur it works only the D dont like to play with the music

post-15260-0-18772800-1346522663_thumb.jpg

post-15260-0-68429200-1346522677_thumb.jpg

Edited by ravenclaw_007

we just have to wait for JAT so i can get my hands on the latest version of that F-16D_Blk50+ and fix it it is realy only a minor thing to do

here is the fixed lod and it works now fine , the problem was that the radome was looking for a F16_001.dds texture thats it

in the start we had all textures in dds and changed then to jpeg

F-16D_B50+_Tur LOD.7z

all ok now

post-15260-0-79634500-1346530223_thumb.jpg

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 1

don't you guys use the Panel Finder???

below is a jpg version; you can convert to bmp (if needed) or leave as jpg.

to use:

name the same as the skin map, drop into skin folder, not the leter/number on the mesh, and so whre they lies on the skin bmp or templates -of course, you'll have to add it as a layer to the template.

easypeasy