Sign in to follow this  
Geary

On the Hunt for...

Hi all,

I’m looking for a few items that have eluded me through numerous eye-blurring searches.

1. Tank150_Cougar and or Tank-FR1: I downloaded a F9J and TF9J Cougars. The F9J references the Tank150_Cougar and the TF9J references the Tank-FR1. The read me files state I should have the ‘latest weapons pack’ installed but don’t mention which ‘latest weapons pack’ these tanks are in. I searched all the weapons packs I could find. These tanks aren’t in any of them.

The F9F-5 Panther references the PantherTank. I found a PantherTank, but it turns out to be a BLU-1 Napalm bomb masquerading as a drop tank. Looks nice on the plane, just afraid of the consequences when I drop them.

1. The USAAF Code font: Column5 references this font in his Decals 101 tutorial. He states it can be found at the McFly Aviation site. I searched for about a half hour. I didn’t find it.

I realize it could just be me and these items are easily found by most people but I always appreciate help and could use some finding these esoteric little buggars.

Geary

Edited by GearyMcS

Assuming you are talking about the Generation 1 sims, I'd imagine the weapons pack is this one:

http://combatace.com/files/file/7791-weapons-pack-252-by-the-wosfp1-community/

An LOD file has absolutely no bearing on what a particular object does. I could use a B-52 LOD file as a drop tank, and as long as the weapon's ini file says it's a drop tank...it's a drop tank. So use that PantherTank.

Try a general Google search on fonts...it's probably out there somewhere.

FC

1. The USAAF Code font: Column5 references this font in his Decals 101 tutorial. He states it can be found at the McFly Aviation site. I searched for about a half hour. I didn’t find it.

I realize it could just be me and these items are easily found by most people but I always appreciate help and could use some finding these esoteric little buggars.

Geary

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/dlcat-military-fonts-19/

i guess there is what you need

there's actually 2 serial fonts at simmerspaint shop ...grab them both, you can't go wrong!!

as to the nape tank, it's data ini will tell the game it's a drop tank; nothing nasty will happen when you drop (unless you're standing where it lands!

Trust me! :biggrin:

FC,

I had looked in that weapons pack. That's where I found the panther tank/napalm bomb. Decided to use the F-86 drop tanks on both the Panther and Cougar. The actual Panther tank is shorter and fatter and the actual Cougar tank is longer and slimmer, so the F-86 tank works for me as a middle-ground tank untill I find something more fitting to each plane. Thanks.

Ericj and Soulfreak,

Looks like you both shop at the same font shop. The reason I'm interested in column5's USAAF code font is because he states it's the font used for the stock decals. Thanks for link and fonts.

Wrench,

Got fonts. Will try not to stand under drop tanks or bombs.