Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

OT: Heading to Germany

Good Morning Gents!

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. The fall semester is off and running and so am I. I had to share, however, that I am finally going out of the US for the first time! I can't tell you how exciting this is. I'm the first member of my family since my grandfather to go overseas - and he went for rather different reasons (WWII). I'll have to share pictures when I get back. Can't wait!

Cheers guys! Hope everyone is doing well and BH: I was following your hurricane updates, glad things weren't worse than they were!

:drinks:

Edited by CaptSopwith

Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you have a good and safe trip. Maybe you can meet up with some of our German members along the way?

Wow, that would be nice, and I hope you have a safe and fun trip, CaptSopwith! I am in Montevideo, Uruguay, now, on a trip to test an electrical generator, and though I've been abroad a few times, I'm a bit of a rube and don't get too adventurous - I don't know Spanish worth diddly, and not many here know English, so...

Anyway, safe & fun (real) flying! Like BH says, we have members in Germany! One in particular comes to mind...

Best,

Tom

I thought about Olham immediately... but I'm 99% sure he's in Berlin which puts me at least a few hours away from him at best.

Soppy, when you're in Munich and if you're looking for a place to grab a bite, enjoy a bier, and hang out with some of the local journalists, head up the Sendlinger Straße to the Altes Hackerhaus. I stopped in there in 1975 and as such things don't change much in Europe I'm betting the place is still quite a bit the same. Great beer and Bavarian cuisine, and outstanding atmosphere. Have a stein for me while you're there, a nice dark harvest brew of some kind, if you'd be so kind. :drinks:

Prosit!

Lou

Edited by RAF_Louvert
can't spell, too much coffee

Captain, don't worry - I'm in school all day anyway, plus one hour to get there, and one hour to get back.

At my age that's quite exhausting, cause inbetween the two rides, I try to stuff all that XHTML, Java and

PHP stuff into my head, where the museum director keeps shouting something about "the house is full!" -

in other words: you wouldn't have found me entertaining at all.

But since you go to Munich, I would suggest a visit at the "Deutsches Museum" there, if you can make it.

They have a branch in Schleissheim about aviation.

http://www.deutsches-museum.de/

Also very good (or even better) must be the "Technik-Museum" in Sinsheim/Speyer.

Perhaps you can get there too.

http://www.technik-museum.de/

I guess you are very exited about such a far trip from home. I hope one day I can make it to the USA,

and then I can visit you, if you have the time then.

I wish you all the best and good luck & weather for your trip, Captain - and yes: we expect photos.

Lot of photos!

Edited by Olham

Have a Great Trip!!

I loved Europe when i was there, Hope you find it as wonderful..

Godspeed..