UK_Widowmaker

OT A tiddly14 yr old :(

We've just come home from a party, for my friends son who is 20 today. He suffers from Autism, so has a younger mentality than his physical age suggests.

Matthew was at the party too, he's only 14.... and he was upstairs playing pool with the lads.

Unfortunately, it appears that he's been drinking Lager on the quiet...no doubt supplied by the older lads.... (we usually let him have a couple of Shandies, but he seems to have downed a few bottles of Becks).... hmmmm

So, he's now asleep, on the floor of his bedroom, after refusing to get into bed, and has been quite rude and abusive to his mother.

I have resisted the urge to 'have a go' at him, as he's clearly under the influence...the hang over effect 'should' be enough as punishment, and a few words in his shell-like when he's recovered somewhat will be in order

(I can't be too harsh on the lad..as he's just experimenting of course, as most of us did...though, I was sixteen)..... they just seem to grow up faster these days (sigh)

14 and boozing it.... You'll all look back and laugh. It's pretty funny when they think the most important part of it all is 'keeping up' with the men.

I just started college at 26 (I was in the military until this year) and I'm in some classes with kids just out of high school. Hearing them brag about their drinking abilities usually gets a chuckle out of me. It's just so funny to hear them miss the point.

Anyways, having a VERY light go at him probably would make him think twice in the future, being 14 and all :)

• Like 1

14 and boozing it.... You'll all look back and laugh. It's pretty funny when they think the most important part of it all is 'keeping up' with the men.

I just started college at 26 (I was in the military until this year) and I'm in some classes with kids just out of high school. Hearing them brag about their drinking abilities usually gets a chuckle out of me. It's just so funny to hear them miss the point.

Anyways, having a VERY light go at him probably would make him think twice in the future, being 14 and all :)

Indeed!....worked for me (well, sort of) :biggrin:

hahaha....the 'Big, Tough Alcohol swigging lad' has just woken up, and crawled into our bed, with his mum!...he looks like a little kid again...

(looks like it's the spare room for me tonight)

Sometimes a hangover can have a good learning effect (Mmuahahahahaaaaa!!!) as I remember myself.

Well, I was rather 17, but it just happens when they have the opportunity.

Teenagers are in the emotional war between gaining more freedom and breaking free from parents,

and the comfort of home and shelter from all the storms of reality, I guess.

If my parents knew, how drunk I sometimes was...

One night I was on a punk concert with a friend; we each had a bottle of beer, and when we started dancing

Pogo, the beer began to foam up, so we put our thumbs on the neck. But the pressure got too big, and the

beer came spraying out. So we sprayed it at each other while dancing.

When I came home late at night, I bowed down and gave my sleeping girl a kiss.

She woke up and murmured something like "you smell like a pig in beer sauce".

A funny memory - but it was better that my parents didn't know.

Aaah Widowmaker, I can so identify with your parenting dilemma. I went through this with all three of my kids. The funniest was with my youngest, who I am sure had her first drink at around 14 or 15, (though I never had any proof of that). However, it was when she was 19, (Minnesota drinking age is 21, ridiculous IMHO), and back from her first year of college when we got the phone call at 2:00 in the morning from one of our local uniformed officials asking if we'd like to drive down the road to where the beer bust had been and pick up our daughter. The party, which was out in a cornfield, had been raided, and all the kids scattered into said corn. My daughter had taken cover in a small ditch and was home free, unitl her cell phone rang and the police zero'd in on her. Best part: It was one of her friends calling to see if she'd gotten away. :rofl:

It was all I could do not to bust out laughing when I heard that. And it was pretty tough to drop the hammer as I had been in exactly the same situation when I was sixteen. But, since that was long before cell phones I actually did escape.

Aaah Widowmaker, I can so identify with your parenting dilemma. I went through this with all three of my kids. The funniest was with my youngest, who I am sure had her first drink at around 14 or 15, (though I never had any proof of that). However, it was when she was 19, (Minnesota drinking age is 21, ridiculous IMHO), and back from her first year of college when we got the phone call at 2:00 in the morning from one of our local uniformed officials asking if we'd like to drive down the road to where the beer bust had been and pick up our daughter. The party, which was out in a cornfield, had been raided, and all the kids scattered into said corn. My daughter had taken cover in a small ditch and was home free, unitl her cell phone rang and the police zero'd in on her. Best part: It was one of her friends calling to see if she'd gotten away. :rofl:

It was all I could do not to bust out laughing when I heard that. And it was pretty tough to drop the hammer as I had been in exactly the same situation when I was sixteen. But, since that was long before cell phones I actually did escape.

Hahaha...that really made me smile!!.............. well, he seems none the worse for wear this morning, though his mum had a few choice words for him!

Love the Punk story too Olham...I also used to pogo in my Mohawk days :)