Hauksbee

Lohner Seaplanes...

I've been away from 3D modeling for the last couple of years, but ever since Olham posted a pic. of the Lohner M (Austrian) seaplane, I've got the itch to break out Animation Master and build one of my own. In researching the web for pictures to fill in the blanks from other blurry photos, I discovered that some other 3D artists have had the same idea. There were two artists who were really good. These pics. are from the better of the two. (mainly because of the background photos he used...and the lighting.)

LOHNER 3-PIC..jpg

Well, someone has already built one - here is a cute video about whale watching from a Lohner.

Maybe Microsoft Flight Simulator? Perhaps you can get it somewhere?

Yes Olham, that is a Lohner S, built for FSX and available as a free download over at the simnetwork

http://www.simnetwork.com/SIMNETWORK/downloads.php?cat_id=25&rowstart=225

Hauksbee, the Lohner series are wonderful old seaplanes and I wish we had them in OFF, along with a host of other seaplanes.

...the Lohner series are wonderful old seaplanes and I wish we had them in OFF...

Lou, if it's built in FSX, would it not be importable into OFF?

guys i keep serching i have one built that made it to a few ppl hopefulyl somebody still has it

wait i think i may have found it one of thee eraly saves in progress so maybe wont take to long to re finsh it up

post-24208-0-84704500-1346658172_thumb.jpg

Edited by stumpjumper

Brilliant stuff m8...available for download????

Stumpjumper, do you mean this Lohner?

OFF_Stumpjumper_Lohner_001.jpg

I have your entire add-on plane pack if you'd like me to send it to you. In case you don't recall, it contains the Alb W4, Lohner M, Phoenix C1 and D1, HP 400, and Caproni G4.

Edited by RAF_Louvert
not enough coffee
  • Like 2

I have your entire add-on plane pack if you'd like me to send it to you.

Damn! It's like discovering a dusty old trunk in your grandmother's attic...filled with WWI planes. How cool is that?

Olham: Thanks for the Lohner whale watching. Now there's a pilot with a death wish. (also the PM with the wing warping scale E.III)

Stumpjumper, do you mean this Lohner?

OFF_Stumpjumper_Lohner_001.jpg

I have your entire add-on plane pack if you'd like me to send it to you. In case you don't recall, it contains the Alb W4, Lohner M, Phoenix C1 and D1, HP 400, and Caproni G4.

why yes that ould be the one,,,, and got your mail thank you for hanging on to these old treasures