Wrench

SF2NA WW2 Okinawa/Japan Terrain Update

-- Something for the PTO players --

= For SF2, Full-5 Merged (ONLY) =

*This mod will absolutely =NOT= work in SF/Wo* 1stGen game installs; it is designed for use =ONLY= in a WW2 PTO-centric mods folder that is built off the SF2:NA exe.*

A very quick and dirty mod for the WW2 Okinawa/Japan terrain that adds the required NA "coding" and _water.bmp with carrier stations.

This is =NOT= a full terrain: just inis & a _water.bmp. It is to be applied to the modified version of the terrain I (re)relased in 2009, avaliable at this URL:

http://combatace.com/files/file/9767-okinawajapan-version-3-ww2/

New main, data, targets, nations, types inis and a new HFD, along with (excessively) modified desert airfield inis, allow for a 'drag-drop' update to SF2NA. A new SF2NA style water bmp with 3 carrier 'zones' was created and included.

LimitedNations is set to TRUE; make sure you have the latest version of the WW2 Nations ini, as 'IJN' is most definatly one of the nations needed.

As always, fairly easy to follow, yet detailed install instructions are included. So, PLEASE read them for necessary instructions. Also, give the "Notes" section a read too.

REMINDER: if you're downloading the original terrain listed above for the first time, DO NOT USE the enclclosed Ship GroundObjects (perhaps, excepting the LCM and _T taged ships and the 2 Forts/Gun Emplacements); they are NOT at SF2 levels. Use only those ships from the SF2 WW2 Naval Units Pak.

Happy Landings!

wrench

kevin stein

ps to WBS: Nagoya IS on this map!!

• Like 1

Hi, Kevin. Thanks for all these files for rising sun. i am having probs I hope you can help. Plz forgive if they are dumb as i have had not ime in recent mths to play and edit files due to work. I cannot get the Okinawa and phillipines and even Persian gulf terrains to work. I read the readmes and did the cat pointers for phillipines and okinawa, and pointed them to Vietnamsea. I have a SF2 install to July 2012 patch merged without NA. However my install is ona external drive. The UK scenery released works fine as all others. Any ideas? Thx.

well, I don't know from externals .. for me, they're just for storage. Maybe a pathway problem in the exe??

however...

merged without NA

might be some of the issue.

they're all designed (even PG, expecially! with CV zones!!) for use with NA; or in the PTO case, a mods folder built FROM a renamed SF2NA.exe.

what are the "symptoms" exactly? non selectable terrains from the dropdown menu? Stuck at xx% loading, and never starts? Or just crashes?

just out of curiosity, do you have Grinch's updated NA Fletcher? If so, rename that folder, use ONLY the one from the WW2 Naval Units Pak, and see what happens

more data, please, so we can run this down (the ex-automotive diagnostician has kicked in!!)

Hi, Kevin. it wont show in dropdown list. i put the folder in and put the new visuals and pointed the cat in the ini and no show. No, dont have that fletcher thingy.

I shd point out South Vietnam scenery does not show in the install but does on my c drive. It may eb a pathway but how can you fix?

unfortnately, I've no clue!!! Sorry!

if you've got room, try building the install BACK on your C drive. If it works, then it's a pathway issue.

also, maybe ask in the General Forums and see what our other folks have to say (I know there's people running the game off externals)

the main terrain folder iS called "Terrains" (plural), right?? maybe a naming issue??

WBS: we'll try not to!!!

Edited by Wrench

it's always the easy stuff that kills ya!! (can't think of how many times a simple misplaced or missing letter screws things up!)

glad it's working!